A119 v3 + Honda Accord 2016

HondaDan66

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone here hardwire the v3 to a 2016 Accord?

I'm so confused now by places mentioning fuse orientation, I just want to pick the brain of someone with the same fuse box lol.

I think I ended up with ACC+BAT in constant power.

I'm trying to use unused fuse spots, my cam has constant power but when I start the car it doesn't give me any notice that it isn't just in motion detection mode. I should be seeing or hearing something that indicates the power source change over right?

Honda have an 'option connector' in the fusebox that helps wiring in optional equipment.

Here is my Honda Civic with 2 wires, one for my Garmin SatNav, wired to IGN Pos1 and the second for my V3, wired to IGN Pos2.

LlPVIP9.jpg

The corresponding earth wires are just bolted to a dash support:
WEiuJ5j.jpg

These connectors (the blue bit that just plugs in) are available from RickHondaR on either Civinfo.Com or https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/

I don't believe we have the same option in the accord, maybe a difference in country?

Attachments

• 20190914_080747.jpg
    20190914_080747.jpg
    473.3 KB · Views: 15
Looking at the fuses diagram won't reveal whether you have an option connector slot. You'll need to check by looking around the fuses for any slots with pins.

If you find one then it will likely have 5 internal pins. On mine the pins are:

Ign Pos 1
Ign Pos 2
Reverse gear selected
Lights on
Permanent power

So if you spot a likely candidate then you'll need a multimeter.

I think I got it, when I turned the car off the upper left icon changes to this. This means parking mode right?

Attachments

• 20190914_125513.jpg
    20190914_125513.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 23
I booked my ground to the metal bracket behind the steering wheel.

I booked my ground to the metal bracket behind the steering wheel.
through plastic as pictured above is never good, also a lot of the brackets that hold the dashboard in place are insulated for NVH reasons to reduce in cabin noise so even brackets that are metal may not connect directly to the chassis, they sometimes work ok at first and then start to get some resistance over time which leads to voltage drop and random flakiness

Yeah, I would assume that bolt is only into the plastic.

It isn't through plastic, it's part of the metal mount that holds the dash.

No, that's all metal. The crimp washers are metal to metal

That's the bolt on the side of the fuse box, my understanding is that is a surface bolt to hold the plastic to the other trim piece. But I guess if it works it works.

Yes that's metal I'm 100% bolted to metal.

If I wasn't neither my dashcam or Garmin would work.

Over on the Civinfo forum that's where everyone is earthed to. It's only visible when you have the under steering wheel plastic cover removed.

maybe just the way it looks in the picture, common problem when people earth to spots under the dash that even though they bolt to a metal bracket it's through part of the dash and they get a bad ground, or it's a metal bracket that is rubber mounted to the chassis elsewhere, it's an issue that comes up often in support tickets from DIY installers

Back