A119 V3 not always starting up

Winnie Bago

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an A119 V3 which does not always start up. It has done this on two different firmwares, currently 2.5 (I forget the first one). I've tried a 5sec boot delay, but the problem still happens. Is there anything else I can try?

Hi.
Had the same problem.
I've switch the USB Car Charger, using now the one from my previous A119S, problem solved.
1667403939338.png

I was afraid somebody would say that, I've it all nicely hard-wired in!
Anything else I can try first?

Sorry I could not help! :)
Lets wait for other suggestions.

Anything else I can try first?

Check the connection where the cable plugs into the camera. It wouldn't be a bad idea to spray it with a bit of contact cleaner. Highly recommend DeoxIT D5. (it is a bit pricey but worth it)

Over my years of using dash cams I've occasionally experienced intermittent start-up and camera disconnect issues. It has almost always been a power supply or cable connectivity issue. Vibrations, shocks, humidity and oxidation sometimes cause these sort of problems with USB plugs. I now regularly use DeOxit D5 every few months on all USB connections as a preventive measure and haven't experienced any intermittent power loss with any of my cameras in a long time.

Of course, this may or may not fix your problem but it is worth a try and is a good first measure troubleshooting step. It's also a good general practice in the long run.

CAIG DeoxIT D5
deoxitd5.jpg

Last edited:
Good idea, I have some of that de-oxit. I just gave it a blast and it did actually start-up this time... Time will tell.

I have an A119 V3 which does not always start up. It has done this on two different firmwares, currently 2.5 (I forget the first one). I've tried a 5sec boot delay, but the problem still happens. Is there anything else I can try?
For me, 5 seconds is not enough, but 10 seconds has never failed to start. It's tedious to debug, because you can have dozens of successful starts between failures.

It is a shame because a parking lot incident could easily by missed because of this.

I was afraid somebody would say that, I've it all nicely hard-wired in!
If you are using HK3 then it is a problem with your HK3. Bad connection or bad HK3.

Back