A119 v3 parking mode recording not tallying with settings?

Mio NoVue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So when I initially installed the camera, I set it to record for the maximum duration in parking mode which I'm fairly sure was 48 hours. Upon testing it everything worked so all good there.

Recently I've noticed it's giving up before 48 hours is up and I'm wondering why. I wondered if maybe the car hadn't been used 'enough' in the build up to parking up but after a 3hr30min drive, that can't be the case...

Just the past couple of days I parked up after said drive. I went to access the files as I got home & noticed it didn't record for the full 48hours.

I parked up at 7am on Monday after the drive.
The final 3 minute block was Tuesday 3:46am-3:49am and it then gave up 20 seconds later 3:49am-3:50am & didn't record again until I came to leave this morning.

The only thing in and amongst all that was perhaps around 10am on Monday (give or take) I went to the car & plugged my phone in to the charger that's hardwired in, turned the ignition on & gave it 5mins of juice as we were still hours away from being able to check in at the hotel.
Also throughout Monday and also Tuesday, I made a number of trips to the car (but without key in ignition) to pick things up/drop things off.

Not sure how much of a difference that should make. I was expecting it to give up approx. 7am Wednesday (or would've been had I not set off at 4am).

Any ideas why it's not recording for all that long? I forget what I have the voltage set to on the wiring. 12.2 I think. Not the lowest setting & not the highest either.

Any ideas why it's not recording for all that long? I forget what I have the voltage set to on the wiring. 12.2 I think. Not the lowest setting & not the highest either.
Your DVR records as much parking time as your car's battery lasts.
Set the HK3 cutoff to 11.8V and it will record a little longer.

Reactions: gse
Back