A119 v3 rear camera advice

mr.....a

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, does any body know if there is a rear view camera suitable to connect to the A119 v3, or is it only available with the dup range.

The A119 V3 is a single channel camera. You could always use a second V3 as a rear cam if you want to and it will work quite well but most people opt for a dual channel unit.

The A119 V3 is a single channel camera. You could always use a second V3 as a rear cam if you want to and it will work quite well but most people opt for a dual channel unit.
Thanks for the reply that's what I thought, I have just bought my first A119 v3 I'll order another one. New car new cameras I just need to await a delivery date to collect it.

Thanks for the reply that's what I thought, I have just bought my first A119 v3 I'll order another one. New car new cameras I just need to await a delivery date to collect it.

You're welcome.

You know, on second thought since you haven't already purchased a second camera for the rear just yet, the V3 may not be the best choice. It has a slightly narrower FOV (angle of view) than many dash cams and while this is often preferable for a front cam you may want to research and consider a camera with a wider FOV for the rear before you make a final decision.

You're welcome.

You know, on second thought since you haven't already purchased a second camera for the rear just yet, the V3 may not be the best choice. It has a slightly narrower FOV (angle of view) than many dash cams and while this is often preferable for a front cam you may want to research and consider a camera with a wider FOV for the rear before you make a final decision.
cheers have you got any preference or pointers.

I'm currently using an 119 V3 for the rear camera, excellent image quality.

The field of view is fine for my use, but if you have a car with the rear window right at the back of the car then you may find it a bit narrow, and it will miss someone behind actually touching your car, but that should be picked up by movement and sound anyway. The narrow FOV does give an advantage for reading plates of passing cars, so overall I think it is a good choice.

I would also be happy with the rather cheaper Blueskysea B1W, it does have a significantly wider FOV, but the image quality is not as good and it doesn't have all the features. Depends what quality you want.

cheers have you got any preference or pointers.

As Nigel already pointed out, it will depend on your particular vehicle. For example, I drive a pick-up truck and because I prefer adequate coverage on either side of the cargo bed as well as the cargo itself (primarily when parked) my requirements are different than say, someone with a small hatchback or sedan.

Thanks for the pointers I think I will go with another v3, it's going into a ford galaxy so the camera will be as good as level with the rear bumper anyone think any different advice welcome before I buy another v3.

From the reviews I've seen I can't remember any dashcam not having issues where 2 cameras write to 1 SDCard.

I'm currently using an 119 V3 for the rear camera, excellent image quality.

The field of view is fine for my use, but if you have a car with the rear window right at the back of the car then you may find it a bit narrow, and it will miss someone behind actually touching your car, but that should be picked up by movement and sound anyway. The narrow FOV does give an advantage for reading plates of passing cars, so overall I think it is a good choice.

I would also be happy with the rather cheaper Blueskysea B1W, it does have a significantly wider FOV, but the image quality is not as good and it doesn't have all the features. Depends what quality you want.
Hi Nigel have you any idea if the hard wire would power 2 cameras if I were to connect from the front camera to a rear camera, main feed giving into the gps

Hi Nigel have you any idea if the hard wire would power 2 cameras if I were to connect from the front camera to a rear camera, main feed giving into the gps
I think it probably would, but it is not designed to do so, and by the time the power reached the rear camera the voltage would be rather low.
I advise against it.

You can connect 2 hardwire kits to a single fuse tap quite easily, the crimp connectors on the fuse taps will take two cables and this is perfectly safe and will not give any issues.

Back