A119 V3 - Recommendations For SD Card?

BanKam

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
I've just ordered one to replace an ageing G1W that can't be serviced locally here in Thailand (or so I'm told). I'm going to need a couple of new 64Gb MSD cards so....
  • Are High Endurance cards worth the premium?
  • Any there and brands or sizes that have given problems with this camera?
  • One you'd particularly recommend?
BTW, this site (and in particular the forum) has been a huge help in not only choosing this new cam, but the old one that gave good service for several years. I've directed a lot of people here and they all have nothing but praise for it, so thanks in advance for your help!

Last edited:
In this day and age i generally would go for memory cards that have warranty when used in dashcams, these are most often high endurance models.
But you can also find "regular" memory cards that have that warranty, the latest of such i got was a A2 branded Adata premiere pro

Adata-Premier-Pro-microSDXC-Class-10-UHS-I-U3-V30-A2-100-80MB-s-128GB.jpg

I'm going to need a couple of new 64Gb MSD cards so....
  • Are High Endurance cards worth the premium?
Note that a card double the size should give twice the life, so moving from 64GB to 128GB will give a double the endurance, and may be much better value depending on prices. It also keeps your video twice as long before overwriting. If one of your cards is only a backup, make that a small non-endurance and spend the saved money on a bigger and better main card.

The A119 is not fussy about type of card, but some cards will be better than others so best to stick to the quality brands.

the best one in quality and price is : Samsung Evo Plus UHS-I U3 Class 10 100MBps microSDXC

I've been running my Samsung Evo Plus 128Gb for a few years now without issue.

My 128Gb Samsung Evo Plus U3 has been going strong for just under 3 years now. It's not high endurance but at £20 UK I'm not that concerned. I do have a new one in stock but the original is still good.

Back