A119 V3 Stops recording

pandao96

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi everyone, hoping someone can shed some light on the issue I'm having. The problem is:

The dash cam will record for no more than a minute before it beeps about 5 times rapidly and stops recording. It then beeps constantly to indicate that it is not recording.

This dash cam was only purchased a few days ago. Here are the things that I have tried with no luck.

1) Formatted my brand new Lexar 633x 256GB card.

2) Tried my old working 32GB Samsung EVO+ from my old dash cam.

3) Reinstalling the latest firmware off the Viofo website.

4)Tried multiple power sources and cables.

5) Resetting all settings to default.

Welcome to DCT @pandao96 :)

You've probably got a card problem. Lexar cards are no longer recommended for dashcam use. The EVO+ may not be fast enough for this cam either. The Sandisk A1 endurance or the Samsung endurance might be better choices, but ATM probably the best card for this cam is the one sold by Viofo- he has had the card manufacturer test the cards he sells in his cams to ensure perfect functioning. Browse this forum and see what is currently working well for other V3 owners ;)

Phil

Hi SawMaster,

Thanks for the advice, I'll try one of those cards and see how I go. Just a quick question, any reason why the Lexar cards aren't recommended? I've got the 633x card with the same A1 rating.

Attachments

• 79092904_499965063953042_4272747338528718848_n.jpg
    79092904_499965063953042_4272747338528718848_n.jpg
    315.1 KB · Views: 6
Lexar sold it's memory and card division some time back, and the product was changed and cheapened :( Before that, Lexar was one of the best cards for dashcams. A lot of sales pages haven't been updated so they might still be recommending Lexar- same for older reviews you might come across.

With high-bitrate cams like the V3 the minimum write speed is the critical spec, and most cards use average write speeds for their specs, so what might seem to be an identical or better card sometimes isn't. If at any point the cam's write speed isn't handled by the card the cam will stop recording and notify you of a card problem via the beeping.

This cam is pickier than most about the cards it works well with, and there are some instances where the same card works well for one person but not another, so if you're not going with the Viofo card please look into this yourself as my recommendations are based solely on some of what I've read about this cam, and I don't want to steer anyone wrong ;) Lots of threads on this V3 forum relating to cards.

Phil

Hey Phil,

Thanks for that detailed explaination! You're right, I bought the lexar card based off a recommendation from dashcam talk post and video from 2016. I'll get another card and let you know how I go. Thanks for your help! I've been using the Samsung EVO+ in my G1W-CB for the past 5 years, it seems dash cams and SD cards have gotten a lot more complicated since then :confused:

I bought three A119V3 dash cams in the past couple months (upgrading old cams in our vehicles). I am using the SanDisk 256GB High Endurance card in all 3 cams without any problem. I'm not saying it's the BEST card - just that it works OK for me.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07P4HBRMV

With high-bitrate cams like the V3 the minimum write speed is the critical spec, and most cards use average write speeds for their specs, so what might seem to be an identical or better card sometimes isn't. If at any point the cam's write speed isn't handled by the card the cam will stop recording and notify you of a card problem via the beeping.
Phil

I have always used a U3 card for 1440p cams (A119PRO/MF3) due to it's faster write speed rather than the standard U1 that I use for my 1080p (A119S)

*No idea whether it is necessary - just a hunch ---> too much is better than not enough :cool:

I know the latest series 2 Nextbase dashcams check the card read/write and if it's not up to U3 standard flashes up a warning and stops.

My Samsung is U3 as has never failed in almost 2 years.

I have the same Samsung evo u3 sd card in my nextbase 422gw and it has done great so far

Back