A119 v3 wouldn't revert back from parking to normal recording mode

abbaoppo

Reaction score
Country
United States
One of my two A119 v3's wouldn't go back to driving recording mode from parking mode for some reason even while the car is moving. What's more, the screen is almost always on even when I set it to 1 minute. When I check the video files, they are all in xxxxxxxxxP. The other A119 v3 doesn't have the same issue; both have the same settings. Could someone shed some light on this? Thanks.

Make sure your camera has the earlier version of V1.3 (apparently there are two).

I have exactly a similar problem and wondering what is the main reason for the missed footage or what should be done in order to fix it. I use v2.1 firmware in my A119S v2. Any idea?

I wish I knew. I don't have the A119S. You might want to ask at the A119S forum: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/forums/a119s.210/ Perhaps, a previous build could take care of the problem, just as it did for my A119 v3.

Last edited:
I have exactly a similar problem and wondering what is the main reason for the missed footage or what should be done in order to fix it. I use v2.1 firmware in my A119S v2. Any idea?
V2.1 is old firmware. I would start by updating.

Make sure your camera has the earlier version of V1.3 (apparently there are two).

I just realized that Build 20190911 works only if the GPS is attached and turned on. Otherwise, it is the same old problem of not being able to come out of the parking mode. That means I can't really use the parking mode without the GPS. Is this a bug? Or is it just the fact that any dash cam would need GPS speed data to switch out of the parking mode to normal driving recording, regardless? It can't simply use motion or g-sensor detection to come out of parking mode. Any clue?

I know there is a separate motion detection feature (not parking motion detection) to turn on. Could that help solve the problem? Would that cause other issues such as the camera stopping to record when one is stuck in traffic or sitting in a car waiting for someone?

Last edited:
I just realized that Build 20190911 works only if the GPS is attached and turned on. Otherwise, it is the same old problem of not being able to come out of the parking mode. That means I can't really use the parking mode without the GPS. Is this a bug? Or is it just the fact that any dash cam would need GPS speed data to switch out of the parking mode to normal driving recording, regardless? It can't simply use motion or g-sensor detection to come out of parking mode. Any clue?

I know there is a separate motion detection feature (not parking motion detection) to turn on. Could that help solve the problem? Would that cause other issues such as the camera stopping to record when one is stuck in traffic or sitting in a car waiting for someone?
Have you tested that it won't work without GPS? I believe GPS is just another trigger to tell the camera it's moving. I think it still works with motion and/or g-sensor.

Have you tested that it won't work without GPS? I believe GPS is just another trigger to tell the camera it's moving. I think it still works with motion and/or g-sensor.

Yes, I have tested that Build 20190911 won't work without GPS, out of much frustration with driving around the neighborhood playing with the various camera settings. (And BTW, forget about the 20190924 build, it won't even get into the parking mode to begin with, let alone coming out of it.)

Yes, I have tested that it won't work without GPS, out of much frustration with driving around the neighborhood playing with the various camera settings.
If it worked this way in one version and not another, then I assume it's a bug with the older firmware. If the earlier build only works with GPS, then I will assume it won't even enter parking mode without GPS. Does it enter parking mode without GPS?

If it worked this way in one version and not another, then I assume it's a bug with the older firmware. If the earlier build only works with GPS, then I will assume it won't even enter parking mode without GPS. Does it enter parking mode without GPS?
Yes, build 20190911 did enter the parking mode without GPS, but it just wouldn't come out of it. All the video recording files afterwards are in xxxxxxxxxxp.

We recommend user to choose the GPS version or use VIOFO HK3 hardwire kits cables for parking mode.

Back