A119 versus A119 V2?

mealto

Reaction score
Country
Canada
What are the differences between the A119 and the newer A119 V2? Does anyone have a list?

A119 New Back Cover.jpg A119 New GPS Mount.jpg

It's just the connection system on the back of the camera and on the GPS mount.

And they are not interchangeable ;)

Phil

So that's the only difference? GPS unit and connection?

If I have a V1 A119, it won't work with a V2 GPS? Is that how it works?

That's what I meant by "connection". Both parts have changes then, GPS unit and A119 camera.

Thanks for the info.

Another identifier besides the recessed vs raised 4 copper connections on the back, is the serial number

V2 serial number plate will have the following format on the back of the camera. A119V2xxxxxxxxx

V1 Camera isn't compatible with V2 GPS mounts
V2 Camera isn't compatible with V1 GPS mounts

So the internals are the same? Guess it was just bad luck then when my V1's capacitors died a month after buying it.

Last saved file will be corrupted if capacitors are faulty. Camera will power off instantly when power is removed.

Last saved file will be corrupted if capacitors are faulty. Camera will power off instantly when power is removed.
Yes exactly this. Instead of the capacitors powering the unit after engine shutoff to allow for the current file to be properly closed, the dashcam was instead immediately turning off and making the latest file corrupted.

Currently trying to decide if I should get another VIOFO or not since this was our first one and it kaputted so quickly.

I've only had a couple bad caps since last year out of a 1000 + units, (very rare) Remember even Apple isn't perfect and they have all the resources/money you can possibly ask for.

Reactions: gse
I'm considering the A119 without the GPS
I suppose I should still get the v2 with the better fitting incase I change my mind down the track ... yeah?

Another query. I've noticed that the A119 has .MOV and MPEG4. Which model or upgrade has which .. and does it matter if front and rear are different?

My front Cam Vico MF3 has MPEG4 ... I have a 2008 MAC with QT 10.4 player.
The MPEG4 works fine .. seeing .MOV was created by Apple .. I assume there won't be a problem

I'm wondering if when say, doing YouTube Videos ... Is having a different file format for front and rear a problem?
I'm into seamless procedures .. and favour the same, and prefer to avoid having to say, modify one so that it can be used in the same Video footage.

Last edited:
Back