A119 Viafo

carlscott436

Reaction score
Country
United States
My cam has worked very well for several months, now a strange problem occurs, while driving I do not have the screen "on" since it is mounted between the windshield and the mirro . Recently while driving I hear an electronic sound about ever 2 to 4 minutes. It is the "same" sound I hear when it first turns on. what happens is the screen lights up for about 3 seconds and then turns off. On a short trip this may occur 4-5 times. I feel this constant on and off may harmful to the cam. I would like it not to keep coming on.
Any help with this would be great, thanks in advance for any help.

sounds like the G sensor is set too high. is this action happening when you hit bumps?

Another possibility is power cycling on and off, caused by insufficient power to A119. If power cycling, should hear start-up sound and see the startup Viofo (or Spytec if applicable) Logo on the LCD, then LCD screen will re-activate until screensaver turns it off. The LCD screen may flicker if power is issue.

If using supplied long cable and cig socket adapter, try this:
  • Check all connections (disconnect and reconnect, especially cig socket adapter-rotate) including camera to GPS mount.
  • Input power to side of camera instead of GPS Mount - GPS still works.
Usual culprits for most problems with A119 are power and/or microSD card.

Another possibility is power cycling on and off, caused by insufficient power to A119. If power cycling, should hear start-up sound and see the startup Viofo (or Spytec if applicable) Logo on the LCD, then LCD screen will re-activate until screensaver turns it off. The LCD screen may flicker if power is issue.

If using supplied long cable and cig socket adapter, try this:
  • Check all connections (disconnect and reconnect, especially cig socket adapter-rotate) including camera to GPS mount.
  • Input power to side of camera instead of GPS Mount - GPS still works.
Usual culprits for most problems with A119 are power and/or microSD card.

tried checking all connections, I am going to get a new sd card and see if that fixes the problem.

Checkout the micro SD card threads and feel free to ask ... any ol' micro SD card will not do, especially when you are trying to eliminate the micro SD card as the possible problem.

I'm relatively still new around here and still learning the basics ... For a VIOFO A119 ... I'd be getting at least a Transcend Ultra 32GB U3 micro SD card seeing it is 1440p ... but not sure if this is overkill? I prefer to have too much than risk not enough.

Others with way more experience will join in and help you with this

Last edited:
If it's a V2, there will be a V2 in the serial number (A119V2xxxxxx).
the cam is a V2, I reformatted my card and still the problem is there, the card is a SanDisk ultra 32g. I have not tried plugging the power to the cam instead of the GPS adapter, will try that next.

the cam is a V2, I reformatted my card and still the problem is there, the card is a SanDisk ultra 32g. I have not tried plugging the power to the cam instead of the GPS adapter, will try that next.

ok, I plugged the power directly into the cam instead of into the GPS, problem of possible restarting every minute or so is now fixed, however I find the GPS unit must have failed a while ago , all old videos show wrong year, month, day and time. but does show GPS location, I will see if I can just buy the GPS unit and replace it. Thanks to all your suggestions. Putting power to the cam directly found the problem

ok, I plugged the power directly into the cam instead of into the GPS, problem of possible restarting every minute or so is now fixed, however I find the GPS unit must have failed a while ago
If under warranty contact your seller and maybe they can help you out. If not, contact Viofo. Several sellers and Viofo are members of this forum.

If under warranty contact your seller and maybe they can help you out. If not, contact Viofo. Several sellers and Viofo are members of this forum.
ok, one more up date, after checking all setting in my cam I find many to be wrong, they were all correct and some how they got scrambled, wrong time zone and other features that were always right were now wrong. I reset everything and the cam once again work good and all recorded info is correct, and the sound of the cam restarting every couple of minutes no longer happens.

Back