A119 video size

Jay S

Reaction score
Country
United States
Used the cam first day and hope someone can confirm the recording video size for the same setting.
Resolution was set at 2560x1440p and 3 min looping. No sound recording or any GPS data. For that setting I got the file size of 523.7MB per file. Is it correct? For this setting my 16GB micro USB will start loop back in less that 30 minutes. I remember someone mentioned that their 64GB card can last 4+ hours with highest resolution setting.

Thanks,
Jay

Yes, that is correct, that is the size I get with the same settings.

I have mine set 1080p 60 and 5 min. i get 735mb files on my 64gb card, sound on or off does not make any real noticeable change in file size.

I get different file size using the same settings on the A119S. During the winter, filiming 1080p 60fps, gps on, sound off, 3 minute loop recording, the files were ~442mb. Now they've gone up in size and they vary widely, from ~500mb up to 800mb. Why?

I get different file size using the same settings on the A119S. During the winter, filiming 1080p 60fps, gps on, sound off, 3 minute loop recording, the files were ~442mb. Now they've gone up in size and they vary widely, from ~500mb up to 800mb. Why?
It’s a variable bitrate. The more information coming into the camera, the higher the bitrate, which means bigger file sizes.

Reactions: gse
The A119 writes compressed files (MP4). When you drive on an open highway, the files are one size, but if you drive along a dirt road with a lot of trees and bushes, and with little sky, the file size will increase as much as 40 to 50 percent. I noticed this on my A119. Filesizes vary from about 1.2GB to 2GB depending upon how much changing detail is being recorded.

Back