A119 - When is it available in the UK? Who from?

DavidUK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm off to Florida in September so could buy one while there, but a UK purchase would be better from a warranty perspective.

When will is be available in the UK and where from?

Many thanks!

I'm off to Florida in September so could buy one while there, but a UK purchase would be better from a warranty perspective.

When will is be available in the UK and where from?

Many thanks!

Hi,

We have it in stock at Amazon UK right now.

Thanks!

Many thanks. No disrespect intended, but having watched the development thread, yours isn't a name I've seen before? That's no doubt because a retailer wasn't involved until the unit was market ready.

Could @viofo please confirm spytec is an official retailer? I'm fairly sure he wouldn't be posting here if he wasn't!

Also, reading the recent threads discussing initial impressions from those who are using the A119, it seems there are still some bugs, such as this post: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/a119-first-impressions.20258/page-2#post-265588

Things such as the too dim LED presumably cannot be rectified by a software update. So I'm thinking it's still too early for me to buy the retail version as there are physical bugs which need to be corrected. I know I could wait forever for the "perfect" dash cam, but £75-85 is money I wouldn't wish to throw away when I discover the "MkII" A119 has been released in a few months and regret my initial purchase.

What does Viofo have to say about my concerns? I'm a first time dash cam buyer, impressed by the reviews of the A118 when I did some research a few months ago, but then found the A119 was on its way so waited for it.

things like LED too dim are subjective, keep in mind if they use did high brightness LED's it makes them easy to see during the day, and blinding at night, I'd think they would be unlikely to change something like this anyway, the A119 is certainly a step up from the A118

Spytec have been a dealer for a long time, I'm sure @viofo will confirm for you when they are online next

things like LED too dim are subjective, keep in mind if they use did high brightness LED's it makes them easy to see during the day, and blinding at night, I'd think they would be unlikely to change something like this anyway, the A119 is certainly a step up from the A118

Spytec have been a dealer for a long time, I'm sure @viofo will confirm for you when they are online next

Good point on the LED brightness. And thanks for confirming spytec. I know you're a trusted member so accept what you say.

Wow! Haven't been on here for a few weeks and the pages of threads suggest there are many issues with the A119?

Or can someone reassure me all is OK?
And also, best price and place to buy in the UK?

Many thanks!

Oooops!: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B01HMZVYLY

Last edited:
Wow! Haven't been on here for a few weeks and the pages of threads suggest there are many issues with the A119?

Or can someone reassure me all is OK?
And also, best price and place to buy in the UK?

Many thanks!

Oooops!: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B01HMZVYLY
Actually according to the feedback from end users, we haven't heard much issues for A119, even I can say it is stable.
Any hardware issue can be recovered by re-seller or our warranty.

I can not understand where there are 2 bad reviews for A119 on Amazon UK, both declared no or little improvement for night video quality compared to A118C.

I can not understand where there are 2 bad reviews for A119 on Amazon UK, both declared no or little improvement for night video quality compared to A118C.

a lot of fake reviews on Amazon, hard to know what motivation they have to leave questionable review, usually best guide is don't read 5 star or 1 star reviews and only about 50% of the rest will be real review

I found myself looking again at the A118C last night on the basis it had been around a while. What I am looking for is a discreet cam, which the A118/119 is, and one that has good installation instructions (not so sure about this), an easy fit, and detailed information about how to hard wire it.

Also, easy availability of card reading software and a simple method for replaying footage with the card out of the unit. What's holding me back is reading all these threads with all kinds of problems/queries.

What's holding me back is reading all these threads with all kinds of problems/queries.

People with a dashcam issue will post about it here. Satisfied buyers generally say nothing. Posts at DCT may give you the impression that dashcams are unreliable rubbish products. It's not so, merely that the satisfied 90% + of owners remain silent, & don't participate here.

Yes, I'm taking that into consideration. I guess what I'd like to see is a thread for potential buyers listing everything I need. For instance...
...You'll need the A119C; a micro SD card with the following spec...; a hardwire kit with the following spec...; here is a link to how to hard wire your dash cam...; a copy of the A119C instructions is linked to here...; if not buying the GPS mount you should consider a right angle USB connector cable with the following spec...; if you prefer black 3M windscreen tape the dimensions are...

These are all things I'm having to look into so I don't just buy the cam and then find I can't mount it how I'd like.

If you are optimistic ;)

I was being generous, even of the ones that are real it does come down to expectation, I've seen some reviews that read to be quite genuine and overall quite happy on some very poor performing product, as they say, "ignorance is bliss" and if someone is happy with their purchase and don't know any different then so be it I guess, I do also appreciate that not everyone has unlimited funds and it could well be that they've bought the best of what they could afford, as long as it does the basics and can work reliably then any camera is a step up from no camera :)

Thanks for the info.

Yes, I'm taking that into consideration. I guess what I'd like to see is a thread for potential buyers listing everything I need. For instance...
...You'll need the A119C; a micro SD card with the following spec...; a hardwire kit with the following spec...; here is a link to how to hard wire your dash cam...; a copy of the A119C instructions is linked to here...; if not buying the GPS mount you should consider a right angle USB connector cable with the following spec...; if you prefer black 3M windscreen tape the dimensions are...

These are all things I'm having to look into so I don't just buy the cam and then find I can't mount it how I'd like.
i posted a bit of hopefully useful info in your other thread asking about your bmw and porsche. you won't find instructions much more detailed than that unless you're looking on forums for your specific vehicles, and even then it's hit and miss as it's provided by regular folks, not employees. i've never taken apart the dash on a cayman, and only worked on a small section of the dash in an older boxster. and the only bmw i've seen apart was an early 00's M3. but i've worked on enough different vehicles to have a decent idea of what to expect and what to avoid when installing additional electronics.

i don't have the right angle adapter on the a119 in my windshield, and it's fine since it's mostly hidden behind my rearview mirror anyway. every vehicle is different, so they keep costs down by not including parts that not everyone will need or want.

@viofo Maybe it's a fake? It's £11 cheaper than Boblov's and doesn't have "VIOFO" on the casing.

Last edited:
@viofo Maybe it's a fake? It's £11 cheaper than Boblov's and doesn't have "VIOFO" on the casing.
I don't think there is a fake version in the market at present.
Spytec will sell the no brand version in future.

Back