A119 Will Not Power On in Any Situation

amarko87

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I bought this A119 Feb '17, and it's worked almost perfectly fine (GPS connector issue) until this past month. Wired around the edges of the car, cables never moved, camera never moved. Sticky foam failed a few times this past summer and the camera was dangling from the Mini-USB but there was almost no slack in the line.

For a few weeks it powered on randomly during my drive, which brought my attention to it. It stopped turning on altogether shortly thereafter. I've never moved it or done anything to the cam, only ever checked footage.

I did some searching, tried 5 different USB cables, 4 different wall chargers (both 2 and 5V), and 12v adapters inside the house and car. Nothing seems to get it on with any impact. There are times where it will turn on, and as soon as I press 'Menu' to go and format, or check the version, it turns off. I've opened it up, the captacitors "seem" fine (ends are flat), connections "seem" still intact (nothing is obviously loose or hanging). Nothing is able to get it to stay on longer than a button press. I am extremely frustrated as this thing was reliable for almost a full 3 years before immediately becoming useless. Today is an important day to have it (snowstorm) and I'm stuck with a useless piece of chinesium.

Is there any fix? All the mini-USBs seem loose but they've always seemed loose and the VIOFO ones are the loosest I have tested. I don't know what to do.

So this is a A119V1? It’s the older GPS pin connectors?

I assume you’ve tried powering the camera directly?

Tried reinstalling firmware V4.0?

So this is a A119V1? It’s the older GPS pin connectors?

I assume you’ve tried powering the camera directly?

Tried reinstalling firmware V4.0?

Yes.

Yes, I've been powering the camera directly for all but 2 weeks of owning it, the GPS mount was useless from the get-go.

No, can't power on long enough to install anything. REC turns on for a few seconds then shuts off.

Probably not an issue your gonna be able to fix unfortunately. Might want to try to load the firmware anyway, since there is probably no harm in trying at this point. Camera will still try to load it, but it will probably shut down during the update if there is a hardware fault.
Think you can at least get into the menu fast enough to manually default the cameras settings?

I will try tomorrow. Had to suck it up and do the drive without it, but I'll take more time soon.

It's trying to tell you to get a V3

Back