A119 will stop recording mid drive (sometimes beeps, sometimes doesn't)

Can you post a picture of the bottom of your camera (the mounting side)?
Here you go. Contacts do look like they could use a buffing or something? Maybe that;s part of it. Seems the pins on the GPS have actually scraped the contact point on the cam.

So - turns out it is indeed the GPS mount. I had no problems all day with it with the wire plugged into the camera directly on a non-GPS mount. Looks like the best thing for me to do is to relocate the GPS mount a bit so I can plug into the cam directly, and use that setup to still maintain a GPS connection. Unfortunate the GPS pins are so touchy... I can see by looking at them that they're all screwed up. I can get a picture of those tomorrow. Very unfortunate design.

@ 5Cowbells - Yeah, I tried the "view file on cam" trick and it did indeed make the files work fine on my computer. This is great! I have also switched to .TS format hoping that stops or reduces the issue in the first place, but glad I have a backup with the camera itself.

Thanks everyone! Just glad it seems I don't have to buy anything!

The ones with contact pins are the first version. These were changed to a better design later on. After you get the mount where you want it, find some material to place between cam and mount to prevent movement and with luck the GPS will work OK. If it is intermittent try a different way of shimming.

Honestly this is a good cam but it went through a lot of development to fix issues after it was released. It should have been beta-tested more but at least Viofo did stay with the job and get the issues resolved which a lot of cam manufacturers do not do once their cam reaches the market.

Phil

Back