A119 with v3.9 firmware -> middle-button functionality

linux_man

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hi,

I have an (still like it a lot) A119 v1 - running currently the v3.9 orig firmware.
(yes - I just saw, that there's a 4.0 firmware now too - which supports TS and better WDS)

I would claim now, that I've not done anything wrong, but during the drive (yeah - sure it does RECORD), when I press the 'emergency' button - according to the user-manual - it should LOCK that clip.
NOW - my expectation would be, that those files end up in the 'RO' Folder - just as it happens with files, when the G-Sensor trips.
I've tried now multiple times (press that button during the drive - gets confirmed by a short beep) - but there are no files and not even an RO folder (formatted the card in the cam).
Am I missing here something ?

Apart from that - I'm really IMPRESSED - with the excellent SW-Support for this cam from Viofo. :)

You need to update the firmware. Support for old firmware will be hard to get. The new firmware may solve your problem along with some bugs you do not realise exists.

Perhaps try a mod, I would recommend mod6Ro. The difference between 3.9 and 6Ro is surprising pleasing with a better vibrancy and greenery at the roadside looks much better and generally reducing the mush significatly.

You need to update the firmware. Support for old firmware will be hard to get. The new firmware may solve your problem along with some bugs you do not realise exists.

hah - just tried it - upgraded to v4.0 - reformatted the card - set everything to default ---> WORKS now as expected :)
So - NOW with v4.0:
a.) pressing 'Menu' - creates a 'camera shutter sound' --- and takes a photo.
b.) pressing the 'Emergency' - puts the Movie-File into a newly created RO folder

Looks really good now - as expected:

Bash:
[root@laptop DCIM]# find .
./Movie
./Movie/2018_0901_000002_001.MP4
./Movie/RO
./Movie/RO/2018_0901_000013_003.MP4
./Photo
./Photo/2018_0901_000013_002.JPG
./Photo/2018_0901_000016_004.JPG

Perhaps try a mod, I would recommend mod6Ro. The difference between 3.9 and 6Ro is surprising pleasing with a better vibrancy and greenery at the roadside looks much better and generally reducing the mush significatly.

I've seen those mods - and the bitrate-increase is quite tempting.
Given, that the mod6Ro IS based on the 4.0 firmware - This is the next step I'll try.
thanks for the suggestion - so far it wasn't completely clear to me - which mod to try FIRST :)

Back