A119

Imxi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Camera stopped recording whilst driving by bleeping and REC button flashing requesting sd card be formatted. Card was formatted but camera wold not record. Camera will switch on using power button and all buttons function except REC key lights up and stays lit up but will not record. Noticed also the REC button will switch camera on/off. Camera has V2 firmware and functioned faultlessly for a year.
Would appreciate some help. Thanks

Camera stopped recording whilst driving by bleeping and REC button flashing requesting sd card be formatted. Card was formatted but camera wold not record. Camera will switch on using power button and all buttons function except REC key lights up and stays lit up but will not record. Noticed also the REC button will switch camera on/off. Camera has V2 firmware and functioned faultlessly for a year.
Would appreciate some help. Thanks
Sounds like a card fault. Try another card, being sure to format it inside the camera first.

Thanks, but I did try new card formatted in the camera but REC will not function although all other buttons work well.

Noticed also the REC button will switch camera on/off. Camera has V2 firmware and functioned faultlessly for a year.
Can you elaborate on this? Pressing the REC button will turn the camera on and off?
Not sure what you mean by V2 firmware as all firmware versions work in the V2 and V1 models. The only difference is the GPS connection system on the back of the camera.
I would update to the latest firmware, V4.0 and see how the camera behaves.

Hi the camera worked well for about 18months until last week. the camera has a separate on/off switch and a Rec button to start recording, this same switch lights up red when camera is on and stays on but will not record.. the camera is mounted on the GPS module. I am reluctant to update to V4.0 in case I make things worse as I am not too knowledgeable. Kind regards.

Hi the camera worked well for about 18months until last week. the camera has a separate on/off switch and a Rec button to start recording, this same switch lights up red when camera is on and stays on but will not record.. the camera is mounted on the GPS module. I am reluctant to update to V4.0 in case I make things worse as I am not too knowledgeable. Kind regards.
I'm very familiar with the A119. So this is a V2 model? There should be a V2 in the serial number if it is. If it is a V1, make sure you are powering the camera directly, not through the GPS mount.
I would definitely update to the latest firmware, as there have been many updates over the last 18 months. At the very least, I would go into the cameras settings and manually default the cameras settings and see how it behaves.
One last thing, what does the screen look like? Does it look unusual in anyway?

Hello Imxi, I updated my A119S this afternoon to V4.0 take a look at my posts for today to see some problems I had been having and how they were remedied with help from other members without much difficulty.. I am very happy with my A119S which I have had for 18 months and thankfully had no issues..

Hi the camera is a V2 model (A119-17054-V2.05) powered the camera using the short cable connected to detached from GPS module. Menu works perfectly and screen responds to all data input i.e car registration, date etc. only malfunction is the REC button which lights up but will not record!! Is it normal for this button to switch on camera on/off. I have always used the main switch button to turn camera on/off and the REC button to start/stop recordings. I am worried about d/l V4.0 in case I mess up not being too computer literate. Kind regards

Hi the camera is a V2 model (A119-17054-V2.05) powered the camera using the short cable connected to detached from GPS module. Menu works perfectly and screen responds to all data input i.e car registration, date etc. only malfunction is the REC button which lights up but will not record!! Is it normal for this button to switch on camera on/off. I have always used the main switch button to turn camera on/off and the REC button to start/stop recordings. I am worried about d/l V4.0 in case I mess up not being too computer literate. Kind regards
That's the firmware version (V2.05) not your serial #. The serial # is on the back of the camera. Should look something like A119SV28032588.
No, the REC button should not turn the camera on and off. Something is amiss here. The other memory card you tried, what brand was it and did you format it inside the camera before trying?
How does the camera behave without a memory card inserted? Does the REC button still turn the camera on and off?

That's the firmware version (V2.05) not your serial #. The serial # is on the back of the camera. Should look something like A119SV28032588.
No, the REC button should not turn the camera on and off. Something is amiss here. The other memory card you tried, what brand was it and did you format it inside the camera before trying?
How does the camera behave without a memory card inserted? Does the REC button still turn the camera on and off?

Hi, from a cold start with formatted card in camera connected with usb short cable direct to mains charger, switching on the power button the REC button and screen light up. Pressing the REC button nothing happens. Card is a 32GB Samsung eo. Camera S/N A119V2G17211554.
Without card in camera REC button flashes and beeps.
Kind Regards

Hi, from a cold start with formatted card in camera connected with usb short cable direct to mains charger, switching on the power button the REC button and screen light up. Pressing the REC button nothing happens. Card is a 32GB Samsung eo. Camera S/N A119V2G17211554.
Without card in camera REC button flashes and beeps.
Kind Regards
Does the REC button turn the camera on and off when there is no memory card inserted?
Did you manually default the camera setting?

No and Yes. Many thanks for your help. I am away for the next few days and will contact you then. Happy Christmas.

Back