A119s and weird things

I
Never know what the sellers are bundling. I'd trust it only if came as a bundle from the manufacturer.

The A119S can be picky when it comes to power. Recommend using the supplied cable and charger. Could hardwire a female 12V socket and run it to the glovebox and use the supplied accessories.
the hardwiring kit and supplied socket are from seller only. Anyhow I will try this as well using cigrette lighter socket for couple of days

Are you using the supplied Mini USB cable and power supply? I experienced what you're describing but that was due to a 3rd party 4M cable.

If you plan on getting a new card, get Samsung U1 or U3.
Hey harsh.
So shall I get samsung evo u3 evo or samsung pro+ u3
TIA

Hey harsh.
So shall I get samsung evo u3 evo or samsung pro+ u3
TIA

Pro would last longer as it's supposed to support more write cycles. I've never bothered as they've always costed twice as much or more than the regular ones. I'd rather buy a new card if one goes bust than paying double upfront.

Regular U1 and U3 are absolutely fine.

Pro would last longer as it's supposed to support more write cycles. I've never bothered as they've always costed twice as much or more than the regular ones. I'd rather buy a new card if one goes bust than paying double upfront.

Regular U1 and U3 are absolutely fine.
Thanks man

Ok so yesterday evening I installed the supplied charging cable and adapter(the one present in the camera box) in the car 12v socket generally provided for cigrette lighter, keeping everything else same.
And so far no issue which I was facing.
I am going to test it for few more days and see if this fixes then we can definitely know what is the real culprit.

Ok so as stated I am using the supplied adapter now and was observing the camera and I guess the culprit is the hardwiring kit. So basically camera was getting interuption in power supply.

Now that I should use supplied adapter for which I have to connect it to car 12v socket, which by the way, I use quite alot for phone charger so basically I need to add another 12v female socket to connect cam adapter.
Now basically I need to see some of the pics of added 12v socket that are hidden and where I can connect camera adapter.

Guys anyone added extra socket for camera, please do share the pics
TIA

Ok so as stated I am using the supplied adapter now and was observing the camera and I guess the culprit is the hardwiring kit. So basically camera was getting interuption in power supply.

Now that I should use supplied adapter for which I have to connect it to car 12v socket, which by the way, I use quite alot for phone charger so basically I need to add another 12v female socket to connect cam adapter.
Now basically I need to see some of the pics of added 12v socket that are hidden and where I can connect camera adapter.

Guys anyone added extra socket for camera, please do share the pics
TIA

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/mobius-actioncam-rear-dashcam.21778/post-286341

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...c-v2-dashcam-review-install.20888/post-273726

The hardwire module will cut the 5V output to the dashcam, when the input voltage drops below about 11.6V (protecting car battery from depletion). I strongly suspect a bad hardwire kit connection either to ground (common), or to +12V (some fuses have lower than 12V voltages on them). Check your module input voltage; the car battery may also be dying.

The hardwire module will cut the 5V output to the dashcam, when the input voltage drops below about 11.6V (protecting car battery from depletion). I strongly suspect a bad hardwire kit connection either to ground (common), or to +12V (some fuses have lower than 12V voltages on them). Check your module input voltage; the car battery may also be dying.

Hey.
Well this was one of my doubt as well.
Actually the hardwiring is taking input from cigrette lighter fuse using a fuse tap with 15amp fuse.
Since I run phone charger almost all the time via cigrette lighter socket and camera is also on all the time, so it could be lack of juice camera is getting.
Trying a different tap or adding a relay should help?

Battery is in healthy condition

Begin by checking your ground (-) connection and measure the voltage across your tap and that ground. It should be at least 11.8V (engine stopped). Ideally, open the hardwire module box and measure input voltage there.

Begin by checking your ground (-) connection and measure the voltage across your tap and that ground. It should be at least 11.8V (engine stopped). Ideally, open the hardwire module box and measure input voltage there.

Hmmm. But I am noob when it comes to all this hahaha

The Viofo "A" series cams are known to give problems with most non-factory PS's. Viofo uses strong ones. It's odd as these cams show the same current draw as most other cams, but that seems to be the way these work. Nobody has figured out why yet so until then just use only the Viofo supplied/recommended stuff and you'll be OK.

The easiest way to use the supplied ciggie PS cleanly is to buy a socket extension cable, cut off the male plug, wire that to your fusebox (with it's own fuse), then put the PS into the female end and tape it together there well so the plug doesn't work loose. Tuck it away under the dash and all you'll see is the small wires which are easily hidden. Tap a "ACC" fuse and it starts and stops with the car engine.

Phil

Back