A119S began to reboot with date/time resetting periodically

Thank you, not Transcend, but Sandisk - its my mistake, corrected already.
Regarding format: I tried to format both by dashcam and PC, different times - result is the same.

don't use the 1G card, it's too small, that will cause problems

have you tested the 2 other cards for any errors using h2testw?

don't use the 1G card, it's too small, that will cause problems
why do you think so??? I just set resolution to 1080*720*30 and loop time 1 min for tests when I tried to find a problem
have you tested the 2 other cards for any errors using h2testw?
yes, with cardreader

@man55 If camera can not save the last video clip and you got a sudden shut down without music,it indicated it is the problem of its capacitor;
And if its camera can not hold time/date,it should be the problem of its RTC battery,and you can have a try to open this camera unit,and replace it first before shipped back!
Anyway,we still offer warranty if you open its camera unit! Regards,Vicky

If camera can not save the last video clip and you got a sudden shut down without music,it indicated it is the problem of its capacitor;
this happens only when it reboots with date/time reset
And if its camera can not hold time/date,it should be the problem of its RTC battery
only when reboot occurs
and you can have a try to open this camera unit,and replace it first before shipped back! Anyway,we still offer warranty if you open its camera unit! Regards,Vicky
I dont have strong experience in micro-modules repair, only in PC components assemble and laptop cleaning, etc. As I understand, what I'should do:
1. open dashcam
2. look at capacitors and battery and other parts, try to find "abnormally" look
3. check battery voltage
4. write report to forum with some photos
Warranty will remain.
Am I right?
Is there any disassemble guide from VIOFO?

this happens only when it reboots with date/time reset
only when reboot occurs

I dont have strong experience in micro-modules repair, only in PC components assemble and laptop cleaning, etc. As I understand, what I'should do:
1. open dashcam
2. look at capacitors and battery and other parts, try to find "abnormally" look
3. check battery voltage
4. write report to forum with some photos
Warranty will remain.
Am I right?
Is there any disassemble guide from VIOFO?
Before opening up the camera, I think I would actually downgrade your firmware to V2.1 to see if it helps. It probably won't, but there have been a couple of users who have reported similar strange behavior that they claim was caused by an update. It's easy enough to do, so I think it's worth a shot.

Please PM me your order id,and my CS will contact with you to replace it!

Special thanks to estore009.
I returned faulty dashcam and estore009 in the same time sent me a new one.

Check the loops from the head to the board and a small yellow one as they snap into place.
Проверь шлейфы от головы к плате и маленький жёлтый, как они защелкнуты.

Back