A119s exactly what I wanted for rear

blake

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just took a look at the A119s now that its dark. I am very happy with the current quality on firmware 1.01.

I've attached some non scientific comparison shots. I am very happy with what its able to do.

When im driving and there are no headlights behind me, this camera will show lots more information than other cameras. A few nights ago a bunch of deer ran behind my car but i wasn't able to see them on camera. Now i might just capture stuff like that.

Performance with headlights is highly acceptable for my install.

Very happy.

My last rear camera was a SG9665gc which was a very expensive rear camera option and i think was not properly utilized back there.

This camera is much better suited for rear camera.

Attachments

• a119sNight.PNG
    a119sNight.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 83
  • a119sYardLight.PNG
    a119sYardLight.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 81
  • SGNight.PNG
    SGNight.PNG
    232.2 KB · Views: 73
  • SGNightYardLight.PNG
    SGNightYardLight.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 76
Ugh. Don't tempt me. I moved my A118C to the back of each vehicle and it is useless in the dark without other headlights - everything is just black.

Reactions: Mtz
Reactions: Mtz
Here's a sample of the SG9665GC (with and without CPL) and an A118C (without CPL) used as a rear cam. (Also has sample of SG9665GC front with and without CPL.)

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...-sg9665xx-a118xx-and-b40xx.11698/#post-152074
I remember looking at that before, but thanks. My Toyota Highlander's rear glass is tinted and so at night time it is very, very dark if there isn't a car right behind with lights on. But hopefully it is better than nothing. I haven't checked the night footage in my Subaru Impreza when it is dark, but it doesn't have tinted glass, so it shouldn't be as bad, though the night recordings with that camera were never that impressive, even with headlight illumination when it was up front.

...My Toyota Highlander's rear glass is tinted and so at night time it is very, very dark....
I can relate to that. :(

4 posts up from the one I linked to is a picture showing how dark my rear glass is - nice for privacy but sucks for night video, more so with a CPL, so much so that it's a constant battle with myself whether to use it or not.

Back