A119S Firmware v2.1

klatch

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
SG9665GC v2, A119S, A118C
Released Sept. 4, 2017. Get it from viofo here: http://support.viofo.com/support/solutions/articles/19000047224-viofo-a119s-car-dash-camera-firmware

Change log:
  • 1. Added: Parking mode feature
  • 2. Added: Lock the previous file while the button pressed in the begin of 15s of current file
  • 3. Improved: Change the sound for taking screen shot while press the menu button
  • 4. Improved: One click to stop recording, mute/unmute while in screen save mode
  • 5. Improved: No embed GPS info in movie while GPS feature disabled.
  • 5. Fixed: Screen on issue while detected on detection in screen save mode
  • 6. Fixed: Camera freezing while showing XXXXX on screen.
Apologies if this was posted somewhere else - I didn't see it if it was.

Thanks for the info fella............ I have been holding off updating until now I reckon

The current firmware was Modified on: Mon, 4 Sep, 2017 at 9:45 PM

@viofo........... Thanks to you and all your suppliers for continued support

Last edited:
Installed 2.1 tonight (119S), and with limited testing I've found noticable improvements in over sharpening artifacts as well as less blow out in dark conditions with sudden brightness - even though there is no mention in updates, so maybe my imagination. It was already dark out by the time I got it installed and configured so too early to tell, but it looked better to me.

I'd like to know just how the 'new' parking mode is supposed to be configured and how it is meant to work. What is it's relationship to 'motion detection' and 'frame rate', if any. Didn't find any docs on 'parking mode'.

-John F
LV NV

Thanks for the info fella............ I have been holding off updating until now I reckon

The current firmware was Modified on: Mon, 4 Sep, 2017 at 9:45 PM

@viofo........... Thanks to you and all your suppliers for continued support
Have you noticed with the new firmware update the alarm beep gets activated even when the car is not moving but close to the car in front. This is definitely a bug cus before update it worked the way it supposed to

Installed 2.1 tonight (119S), and with limited testing I've found noticable improvements in over sharpening artifacts as well as less blow out in dark conditions with sudden brightness - even though there is no mention in updates, so maybe my imagination. It was already dark out by the time I got it installed and configured so too early to tell, but it looked better to me.

I'd like to know just how the 'new' parking mode is supposed to be configured and how it is meant to work. What is it's relationship to 'motion detection' and 'frame rate', if any. Didn't find any docs on 'parking mode'.

-John F
LV NV
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/a119s-parking-mode-beta.30026/

Installed it last Friday and at first all was fine. Looked at the display this morning as I was setting off for work and saw a half screen display; camera view on the left and black on the right.

Will redo the upgrade tonight and hope it resolves the issue.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Installed it last Friday and at first all was fine. Looked at the display this morning as I was setting off for work and saw a half screen display; camera view on the left and black on the right.

Did you reset to factory defaults after installing the firmware? If not, always do that.

Did it have the XXXXXX issue in the lower left corner of the screen? As klatch said, I would be interested to know if you defaulted the cameras settings manually after the update.

I did a reset to defaults after the upgrade and then set my options afterwards.

And yes in the scrambled half screen I do see the 6 boxes with X's.

The viofo logo does appear correctly during the boot.

I did a reset to defaults after the upgrade and then set my options afterwards.

And yes in the scrambled half screen I do see the 6 boxes with X's.

The viofo logo does appear correctly during the boot.

How are you powering the camera?

Hmm I now see it had failed on Saturday. Just reinstalled, reset to defaults, configured and reformatted the SD card. I have a separate card I used for the firmware upgrade.

Well I reloaded last night, it was fine on my trip to work this morning but enroute home (after a few errands) I see it's failed again. I've yet to look at the recorded data to see if I can tell when it failed.

This is rather annoying. Any suggestions as to what fw I might roll back too?

It's being powered via the supplied adapter and cable, and had been working perfectly for the last two months.

It's being powered via the supplied adapter and cable, and had been working perfectly for the last two months.

Is this a V1 or V2 model?

What settings do you change from the default?

V2. Enable gps. Set date time. Change date format to DD/mm/yyyy. Set car license plate.

I can't think of any others

V2. Enable gps. Set date time. Change date format to DD/mm/yyyy. Set car license plate.

I can't think of any others

So your getting the XXXXXX's again? If so, re-install the firmware, manually default the cameras settings after the update, then setup the camera again. This time, leave the license plate field blank. There has been some talk that the issue could be related to that.

I also set the time zone (incorrectly it seems). I confused the + and - values :(

Looking at the recordings from today I had the drive to work plus a second short drive, and then a short drive back to the office (I work as a driver and park my car initially at the office while grabbing my day sheet and company keys, then drive to the vehicles, and reverse that at the end of day).

I did not though record the trip from work to home.

Let's see how it is tomorrow.

So far so good. I'm tempted to wait a few days and then add the plate data back and see if I can cause a failure at that point.

So far so good. I'm tempted to wait a few days and then add the plate data back and see if I can cause a failure at that point.

It would be interesting if it did trigger the corruption.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V A119S 2
T A119S 72
Mtz A119S 57
BCHobbyist A119S 1340
J A119S 0
Back