A119S firmwares

@5Cowbells, unfortunately it didn't help - card won't be read on. Flashing firmware is not possible, while it seems cam detects SD in or out if I get prompt screen to insert a card. I hardly believe that can be physical damage, but who knows.
Maybe last hot weather in Europe killed something inside. But from the pic I posted seems to be okey.

@5Cowbells, unfortunately it didn't help - card won't be read on. Flashing firmware is not possible, while it seems cam detects SD in or out if I get prompt screen to insert a card. I hardly believe that can be physical damage, but who knows.
Maybe last hot weather in Europe killed something inside. But from the pic I posted seems to be okey.
From the picture you posted, your GPS ribbon cable doesn't look to be seated properly. Don't think it could be related to your issue, but you never know. I would open it back up and re-seat that cable. If you power through a GPS mount, this could be an issue.

With no card installed, were you able to get to the menu and default the settings?

Yes. I set settings to default but it didn't change anything. I swap various SD cards in FAT32, it didn't read them. So there was no option to reflash firmware.
I am just killing it, throwing against wall, surprisingly it survived so far 6 throws :)

I am done with this model. It is just not worth to trust new Chinese models as they have plenty of flaws. Now I am looking for something else to get, also on capacitors :)
In meantime thanks for help but if patient wants to die, then he dies.

I’m sorry to hear you are having difficulty sorting out your dash cam.
Perhaps you are going too fast or skipping something and missing a detail.
I’m not a techie, just an old patient methodical plodder and I
build on doing one thing well at a time before moving onto the next step.
You’ve had a dash cam for awhile and given some space and time I think you can fix it.
There are people a lot more savvy on this forum than me that can give you a hand.
Stay the course and best of luck down the road.

Last edited:
Yes. I set settings to default but it didn't change anything. I swap various SD cards in FAT32, it didn't read them. So there was no option to reflash firmware.
Thanks for the feedback. Sorry we didn't get your problem solved. I've watched the A119 and A119S threads fairly closely for two years and most all the problems for which feedback was received eventually got solved or the item was returned under warranty. Good luck with whatever new camera you buy.

Is there any meaningful difference between FW2.6 and FW 2.61?

Someone posted earlier that showed the polish changelog for FW2.6. It had more updates listed than the English changelog which didn't bother to show at all.

Anything beyond this for 2.61?

- Updated: Beep will be totally off, if set Beep Off in system settings

Thanks for the feedback. Sorry we didn't get your problem solved. I've watched the A119 and A119S threads fairly closely for two years and most all the problems for which feedback was received eventually got solved or the item was returned under warranty. Good luck with whatever new camera you buy.
No problem, this is the second time when camera wanted to die. Earlier it just had problem with something else, power I think. Now with card slot or whatever.

I found nice cam with capacitors - Mini 0906 and Opia II. I wish there were more to choose from in good price range because there is usually either complete crap or super expensive like Devue D900.
But mostly I choose either Mini or Opia, but must check if they have HDR option or true WDR.
I saw a smiley so I thought he was kidding.
Nope, I wasn't :) Surprisingly it still works but it seems you never know when it can fail you again. This device has to be reliable, just in case of need - same for medical equipment.

Is there any meaningful difference between FW2.6 and FW 2.61?

Someone posted earlier that showed the polish changelog for FW2.6. It had more updates listed than the English changelog which didn't bother to show at all.

Anything beyond this for 2.61?

- Updated: Beep will be totally off, if set Beep Off in system settings

2.6 has a bug that causing to the device not to be recognized as a mass storage device when connected with the data cable to a PC. They fixed it in 2.61

Forsberg has wicked sense of humour ... funny Guy (y)

Well, this little piece of satan's device won't die. I dismantled SD port, there were no signs of something broken or burned. I scratches paths, touched it via wire when connected and it just can't die :D
Now Opia 2 catched my eye on YT.

2Tr1IVB.jpg

Yeah, my mistake. My first was "S", which I returned because of the really crappy image quality. Then I ordered "normal" :D

I have a A119S with the last version firmware which was 2.4
Today I downloaded V2.61 and copied to the Micro SD Card and disconnect from computer and hooked up to external power.
The REC button flashed a while and it rebooted as in the past but only stays on for a few seconds and shutdown and reboots again.
Any help on what's going on?
The Micro SD Card test good externally on laptop.
Seems the firmware update failed.
Do you agree?
Can something be done to go back to the older firmware?

Thanks

Never mind. I redownloaded the bin file and reformatted the MicroSD card and it installed ok.
All is working fine with V2.61 firmware.

The popularity of the Modified Firmware topic has filled the last 9 pages of main A119S Firmware thread and looks to cause further chaos.
This last post on the subject will remain with link to new MOD home:
A119S Modified Firmware MODs Archive = https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/a119s-modified-firmware-mods-archive.35824/

Big thank you to everyone that supports this work to improve our Dashcams and generate some excitement along the way, see you on the other side.
Kudos to Moderator for moving 9 pages of posts.
currently new thread has 20 pages and counting //EOF

Last edited:
Back