A119S firmwares

Прошивка в Modware MOD архивировала регулирование путем увеличения скорости передачи битов, другие параметры не были затронуты.

Существует отдельная прошивка с исправлением резкости и увеличенный битрейт :
FW-2.4- (27,5 Мбит) Sharp -20
https://drive.google.com/file/d/168S1q0k7KZTRZgWJcMKQLlQ7818evvPm/view

PS Все прошивки протестированы и полностью функциональны. Возможные проблемы с медленными картами памяти

Last edited:
There is a separate firmware with correction of sharpness and increased bitrate:
FW-2.4-(27.5 mbit)Sharp -20
I use this firmware and i love it. But i need this "boot delay" to. Any project in the future? :D

Can I just download the FWA119S.bin file onto the SD card and then plug in the SD card into the camera WITHOUT plugging my camera into my computer? I'm currently on 2.4

EDIT: Nevermind. The video on Viofo's site seems to be dated since I don't need the Loader file to update the firmware. I just copied the .bin to the SD card and powered on the dashcam and now it's updating.

Last edited:
Прошивка в Modware MOD архивировала регулирование путем увеличения скорости передачи битов, другие параметры не были затронуты.

PS Все прошивки протестированы и полностью функциональны. Возможные проблемы с медленными картами памяти
Can anyone translate this one.

gse,
Хочу поблагодарить вас за все время и усилия, создавая настраиваемую прошивку.
Это очень ценно.

Last edited:
Firmware with increased bitrate and Sharp noticed an error, there is no possibility to connect DVR to Mass storage
If this is important:
1. Install the original firmware
2.Otkatitsya on the software V2.4 Sharp
3. Use a laptop or a device to read from a PC or a removable card reader.

I'm a little confused too. I have 2.4 ... Is the 2.6 on the VIOFO website the latest and best. I mean ... does it improve video quality?
I prefer not to bother unless the improvement is significant ... as I need to go to the local library to download the bin file rather than on my MAC computer which has had problems in the past with updates ... so I don't risk it.

Is this a modified firmware version that increases the bitrate and sharpness? Do you install it the same way as stock firmware?

Yes, you just copy the bin file to the card, power on the device and wait for it to be installed. This version however has a bug, once installed your device will not be recognized as a storage device when connected to a PC by the data cable. It will start recording instead, and the only way to access your files will be to extract the memory card and use a card reader.

Last edited:
Reactions: gse
I'm a little confused too. I have 2.4 ... Is the 2.6 on the VIOFO website the latest and best. I mean ... does it improve video quality?
I prefer not to bother unless the improvement is significant ... as I need to go to the local library to download the bin file rather than on my MAC computer which has had problems in the past with updates ... so I don't risk it.

It doesn't improve the video quality.
It supposes to fix some memory cards stability issues, the screen freezing issue, and it adds a delayed start option into the menu.

Is this a modified firmware version that increases the bitrate and sharpness? Do you install it the same way as stock firmware?

Good question, these custom Firmware binary files update the same as official procedure. Just tested the User Modified v2.6 Firmware against the official July 2018 VIOFO FW v2.6
Modified data bit rate = 30&60fps 28.1Mbps on 3min clip = 616 MB
VIOFO data bit rate = 60fps 20Mbps & 30fps 15Mbps on 3min clip = 400 - 320 MB

There is a slight improvement to Image Quality Sharpness using the Custom Modified v2.6 but not worth doubling of file size. Both v2.6 files produce an over-brightened image, great for night but not day driving, in some clips it blanks out the plates during the day when plate background is white. From the initial release of A119 in 2016 very little Image Control was included in the Menu settings. Other Dashcams now include user settings for Brightness, Sharpness, Color and more. These are built into the current Firmware, but locked and hidden by VIOFO.
Anyone else want more Image Quality Control from their DVR Dash Cam without hacking the Firmware ?

Good question, these custom Firmware binary files update the same as official procedure. Just tested the User Modified v2.6 Firmware against the official July 2018 VIOFO FW v2.6
Modified data bit rate = 30&60fps 28.1Mbps on 3min clip = 616 MB
VIOFO data bit rate = 60fps 20Mbps & 30fps 15Mbps on 3min clip = 400 - 320 MB

There is a slight improvement to Image Quality Sharpness using the Custom Modified v2.6 but not worth doubling of file size. Both v2.6 files produce an over-brightened image, great for night but not day driving, in some clips it blanks out the plates during the day when plate background is white. From the initial release of A119 in 2016 very little Image Control was included in the Menu settings. Other Dashcams now include user settings for Brightness, Sharpness, Color and more. These are built into the current Firmware, but locked and hidden by VIOFO.
Anyone else want more Image Quality Control from their DVR Dash Cam without hacking the Firmware ?

I would love to see the image quality control options in the menu!!!
Not sure why they are not there till now.
Just today I opened the firmware binary and saw some strings that look like the options:)
Capture.PNG

There is a slight improvement to Image Quality Sharpness using the Custom Modified v2.6 but not worth doubling of file size.
The increase in bitrate positively affects complex scenes (grass, trees, foliage). The video does not crumble into squares and the image does not turn into a "porridge", which is observed on the original software.
As the bit rate increases, the file weight will be increased.

+1 Same here ... should become standard in mid-range models up. (y) [US$80+/AU$120+]

Back