A119S FW2.1 WDR on/off Comparison

BCHobbyist

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
A139 3Camera A129Duo-8WL A129Pro-4K A119V3 A119S-6Vk DCTeam
I was never impressed with VIOFO's Wide Dynamic Range feature and disabled it until testing the A119S new Firmware v2.1 > the WDR image improvements are amazing compared to all previous firmware releases. The enhancements are only noticeable on scenes with both dark and bright areas.
The A119S FW2.1 near perfect (over-sharpened) Image Quality adjusts well by the new WDR enhancements. WDR does alter colours and overly brighten night scenes which is great for recording accident evidence.
http://support.viofo.com/support/solutions/articles/19000047224-viofo-a119s-car-dash-camera-firmware

Good stuff thanks........... I was happy with standard but will now play with WDR

On Aug. 29th I installed my VIOFO A119S, V2, 7G F1.6 Lens, Sony IMX291 Sensor, GPS, CPL filter.
The Firmware was 2017.6.22 V1.7 and not listed as the same version you have.
In my earlier post Aug 31st, Early Impressions, I had similar observations to your test. ie: shadows, color).
Perhaps my unit has improvements that are not shown or listed.
I previously owned a CW1-C for 3 years and it was a good entry level dash cam.
I couldn't be happier with my new A119S, GPS, CPL.
It will stay on the windshield 24/7 unless I have to clean the unit or windshield.
I check my micro card once a month, put it back in the A119S and Format it.
You guys do a great job and provide a good service.
The manuals leave a little to be desired as far as helping novices with installing and setting up dash cams.
By the way, I played a little game the other day looking at license plates.
Despite having good eye sight, my eyes were checked in April, some plates are difficult to read.
Most have plastic shields on them in various condition, faded, tinted, cracked, etc, also some use different sized fonts.
If you think my comments are too far off topic just ignore, it won't bother me.

Last edited:
@Mineshaft............. Your comments are relevantly on topic for different folks and even different cameras

The A119S is impressive with ongoing VIOFO firmware support

Back