A119S GPS data fault

NicholasOakenscowl

Reaction score
Country
Finland
I've had my iTracker A119S since 2017. I've been extracting the GPS metadata from the video clips since 2018, and recently I imported them into Spatialite. I noticed several (264) times where the dashcam GPS has malfunctioned for 1 second, resulting in a speed of 0 (or alternatively something like 10km/s) and corrupted longitude (typically quite far away, meaning these faults are easy to find). Latitude is always correct, though. An example:

gpsflaw.png

In the metadata, the time at the glitched moment sometimes looks like this:
<time>2000-00-00T22:45:35Z</time>
This is not from the time of those screenshots, but the time itself is correct, only the date is corrupt.

Usually when this happens, it happens twice during the same day, and generally during the same drive. Typically, a few times per month.

Curiously, after I installed the modified firmware (4Vk) early this year, the issue has reappeared only twice (during the same day, but on different drives) since. It's as if the modified firmware improved the situation. The firmware I had until then was the latest from iTracker.

Any ideas what might be the cause of this? Since latitude is correct and changes from the previous value, I'm presuming the GPS receiver keeps functioning, but the camera messes up for some reason.

@NicholasOakenscowl
Topic 119S

I believe you are using iTracker( A119S V1)
V1 there were problems with the contact pad of the GPS module, perhaps this is the reason.

I remember checking this earlier, but re-checking now and both the camera and the GPS module are identical to photos of the V2 versions. I also have the sticker thing on the camera that makes the fit with the GPS module tighter.

I remember checking this earlier, but re-checking now and both the camera and the GPS module are identical to photos of the V2 versions. I also have the sticker thing on the camera that makes the fit with the GPS module tighter.
1. Reset default settings and observe.
2. Install another memory card.
3. Look at the video track on the loss of satellites.

Thanks;
1. Installing the modified firmware already reset settings to default
2. I have used 4 different memory cards over this time, and currently alternate between two Sandisk Ultra cards.
3. I'm not sure what you mean by loss of satellites; should it be visible on the screen/video somehow?

1.You need to reset the settings to default through the DVR menu after any firmware! This can affect the correct installation.
3.View the Gps track graph through the DashkamVyuver player, if there is a gap. Or upload this video file to GoogleDisk so that you can analyze it.

Last edited:
Back