A119S GPS Mount Flimsy

jcdota

Reaction score
Country
Canada
New member here. Just got a A119S today and was mounting it and might've used very little force and the GPS module opened in half... It looks like it's held in place by some tiny tabs. Anyone else experience anything similar? Not sure if mine is supposed to be like that.

Okay on closer look there are 4 tiny screws. They're too short to have any catch on anything, no wonder this crap broke.

They've been out almost a year and I don't recall seeing mention of people breaking the GPS mount, not sure I'd agree about it being crap, more likely a one off, talk to the seller and see what they say about it

We've shipped a few thousand of these, first time hearing of this. If you bought yours from OCD Tronic let us know and we'll send you a new GPS mount no problem.

We've shipped a few thousand of these, first time hearing of this. If you bought yours from OCD Tronic let us know and we'll send you a new GPS mount no problem.

I didn't buy it from you guys. But I guess I'm super unlucky? I wasn't particularly rough on it either when installing lol. Here is a picture of the half with the screws, theres no way that pointy part can have any grab.

Attachments

• IMG_20170708_235402_copy.jpg
    IMG_20170708_235402_copy.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 39
Must be a one-off mold stamp/screw base defect. Contact your seller that should be covered under warranty.

Yea I'm going to get in touch with them, at worse I will just return it to Amazon.

We've shipped a few thousand of these, first time hearing of this.

It's funny ... I seem to get that a bit ----> ''This is the first time I have heard of this happening'' .... lucky me ..... hahaha

The design flaw/s with the mount contributed to my decision to pass on getting one of these, and spend the extra to go a little more 'upmarket'

Last edited:
It's funny ... I seem to get this response whenever I have a problem with something ----> ''This is the first time I have heard of this happening''

I feel 'Special' ...... one in a million ;P

I've seen quite a wide spectrum of unique one off situations across all products over the last few years. (just when you think you've seen it all, you haven't)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B A119S 3
Vince33 A119S 1
A A119S 16
L A119S 85
C A119S 5
Back