A119S installation in Honda CR-V Gen. IV

Brahma

Reaction score
Country
Poland
This is my first post, so I would like to say hello to everybody. I've just get A119S with GPS module and I'd like to install it in my car. The problem is, that the best place is occupied by sensors and cameras enclosed in housing (see attached pictures). On the left side of housing there is camera installed so the dash cam would obscure it if installed there. I wonder if anybody has Viofo installed in Honda CR-V IV gen. and could advice best place for installation.20181124_220628.jpg20181124_220501.jpg

Speaking in only general terms, you want to mount a cam as high as possible while keeping the lens in the area which the wipers clean, while not blocking the driver's visibility adversely. With the sensor arrays in many newer cars, mounting cams with a "wedge" form-factor is becoming more problemaitc, and form-factor is becoming more critical in cam selection. Just keep in mind that you want to be able to remove the cam from the mount to clean the windshield, and accessing the SD card without dismounting the cam makes life easier too.

And welcome to DCT :)
Phil

Thank you Phil, you've made a good point. So it looks like the best place to install Viofo is on the left side of the sensors' housing. Thanks that I will have an access to card's slot which is located on the left side of the device. I have GPS module so it shouldn't be problem to connect power cable. I have to place Viofo on the edge of "dotted" area od the windshield. I've marked intallation spot with red rectangle.
497c37db1e2d6e002c374ebf5a995d5a.jpg

Wysłane z mojego SM-N950F przy użyciu Tapatalka

I installed it on the left side, on the edge of "dotted" area, it works just fine. Try to mount it as high as possible, but be careful, so the dots will not get to the view field.
I'll add a picture later.

Bare in mind that access to the card slot is less important when you have a GPS as the A119S unit can be remove and used as USB device thus not necessary to remove the SD-Card. One of my A119's is mount in a similar location to yours.

@Koganiz

Thx for photos.
I wonder if you don't have a problem with light sensor which is located on left side of rear view mirror

On my car the light sensor faces forward hence no problem. I do not know where other makers place theirs.

@Koganiz

Thx for photos.
I wonder if you don't have a problem with light sensor which is located on left side of rear view mirror

I don't have anything installed in the back side of the mirror.
The light sensor is located at the centre of the front panel (not sure it's called a front panel, the plastic surface behind the infotaiment screen).

The front side of my rearview mirror
6b6d319d8800e3f84414349574975ea4.jpg

The front side of my rearview mirror
6b6d319d8800e3f84414349574975ea4.jpg

Oops, my crv is 5 generation :)
Sorry about that.
I think the camera will be located much lower then the light sensor.

Back