A119S Keeps Resetting to defaults

sabbotage

Reaction score
Country
United States
I purchased my A119S right when it was first released and never had a problem with it until the newest 1.2 firmware. In the last 2 weeks the camera has reset to defaults on it's own 3 different times. The second time it happened I formatted the Micro SD card (Transcend High Endurance 64GB) and reinstalled the firmware 2 times. Then I reset the camera to defaults 2 times from the settings and then again using the reset button with a paperclip. This morning when I left my house I noticed the screen was off and I have it set to always on. I turned on the screen and it was reset again. It always seems to reset to 2/22/17 which is the date the 1.2 firmware was realeased. My question is do I have a faulty camera or am I experiencing a bug with the new firmware? This never happened until I installed the version 1.2 firmware. Thanks.

No bootloader update yet.

I downgraded to 1.01 tonight since I didn't see this issue until firmware v1.2. I'll give it some time and see if it continues to be an issue. It could be coincidental but I guess I'll find out for sure after a few days. Also when my camera resets it's not even keeping time and date like some other posts I've read on here. It resets to 2/22/17 at midnight every time.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Well it reset this weekend on me using the 1.01 firmware. Apparently I have a bad capacitor or something causing it to lose its settings. I'm kinda bummed because my camera has none of the blurriness issues or any other problems that some people have reported. Mark from CYA is awesome and is replacing the camera for me under warranty. Hopefully the next one I get will perform as well as my current one does as far as video quality.

Back