A119S microSD car suggestions wanted

Ch3vr0n

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
I triple checked online and the "manual" if you can call it that, even these forums but couldn't find anything specific to the A119. Only the older A118/119

As my search revealed (at least on these forums), MicroSD with MLC is preferred over SLC or is that no longer the case. I would like to stay with sandisk if possible as pretty much all my SD cards are from them and they havent let me down yet.

I will be recording in Full HD @ 60FPs

What's the filesize of the recording / min or hour, so i can base the size i need on that.

Suggestions are welcome. Amazon UK or FR links preferred. I don't like dealing with ebay unless i have to :)

Regarding recording time there is a nice little calculator here: https://dashcamtalk.com/recording-time-calculator/

Sandisk as a rule is not recommended for use in dash cams as there a high incidence of reported incompatibilities. Just about any other name brand (Transcend, Samsung, PNY, Lexar, etc.) from a reputable source should be good as long as it meets the minimum speed requirement of the camera.

Edit: If you search around the forum you'll find a lot of discussion about the differences between SLC, MLC, and TLC cards. Unfortunately they tend to be scattered around in a number of threads.

The maximum write speed for the Transcend High Endurance is 20MB/s. Is this not a problem with the A119S whose bit rate can exceed 20MB/s?

you're confusing the terminology, the minimum speed ratings are calculated in megabytes per second (MBps), usually written as MB/s on cards is actually eight times faster than megabits per second (Mbps), there are 8 bits in a byte. For example a 2MBps card is a 16Mbps card.

I'm currently using the SanDisk Ultra 64gb in both the A119 and the A119s.
So far I have had no issues.

Not everyone experiences the read only lock out with these, but engineers/sellers/users recommend staying away from the Grey/Red Sandisk cards since they use a proprietary controller and problems do come up for some people. The larger 200 Black/Red cards seem to be fine though.

That's one of them. THESE SANDISK no good then?

I'm using this Sandisk High endurance, only Sandisk ultra said to be having issues. Works perfect. I don't trust any other brand, most have failed. Western Digital is a reputable brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

only Sandisk ultra said to be having issues.
Do you know how I can see/check the issue ?
I use A119s with SanDisk Ultra micro SDXC UHS-I 64Gb. No issues till now (3 days).

Do you know how I can see/check the issue ?
I use A119s with SanDisk Ultra micro SDXC UHS-I 64Gb. No issues till now (3 days).

No way to check as it's intermittent and might not happen for months (or might not ever happen if you're lucky)

No way to check as it's intermittent and might not happen for months (or might not ever happen if you're lucky)
Ok, I will ask differently. :)
IF issue will happened what I will see ?
- broken camera
- broken SD
- missed frame
- stop writing

I've been using this Sandisk https://www.amazon.com/gp/B004JISIE4 on my G1W for a couple years now with no problems. Just got an A119s in and hope it works fine with it, otherwise might have to upgrade.

Memory cards aren't red wine, they don't get better with age, you'd probably do well to get a new card and keep that one as a backup

I've been using this Sandisk https://www.amazon.com/gp/B004JISIE4 on my G1W for a couple years now with no problems. Just got an A119s in and hope it works fine with it, otherwise might have to upgrade.

Not sure about using a slow class 4 card, best to use class 10. Class 4 might not cut it especially when simultaneous recycle and or event save operations occur. Plus your card is old so better to update now instead of being disappointed you missed a critical recording.

Memory cards aren't red wine, they don't get better with age, you'd probably do well to get a new card and keep that one as a backup

Not sure about using a slow class 4 card, best to use class 10. Class 4 might not cut it especially when simultaneous recycle and or event save operations occur. Plus your card is old so better to update now instead of being disappointed you missed a critical recording.

Hmm, then Transcend 64gb it is! May as well upgrade capacity seeing as I'll be getting 60fps video.

Back