A119S not recording and not responding

Borg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
A119
I've been using my 119S for a little over two years without much trouble other than it occasionally not seeing the SD card. A few weeks ago it started resetting itself back to default settings which I noticed because I turn off all of the beeps. Last week, I noticed that even though the screen was displaying, the recording light wasn't on. No matter what I did, I couldn't get it to record. I also discovered that none of the other buttons worked either. However, if I push the menu button a bunch of times when it first turns on, I can get into the menu. But, as soon as I exit that mode, it goes back into the broken recording stage and stops reacting until I turn it off. Any ideas? Thanks for any suggestions.

Have you tried reflashing the firmware and/or tried a new SD card? You can test your card with h2testw.

I've been using the same memory card for two years so, maybe it finally went bad. BTW, I am also seeing a series of black boxes with X's on the bottom of the image.
I did think about redoing the firmware and swapping the memory card but I wanted to make sure that it wasn't something worse. I will try your suggestions. Thanks!

Do you have a link to the instuctions for firmware updates and properly formatting the memory card? I have them on a computer that broke. I can get to the hard drive but, if someone has a link handy, that would be a time saver.

Hello.

I’m new here but I have a Viofo A119 v2 for over 2 years with out a problem. But like a month ago the camera start acting weird. Is not recording not more and any of the buttons works plus the camera freeze at exactly 3 minutes. The memory is a brand new memory. I know this post is for a different A119 but is similar the problem I have but with a bunch of “x” in the bottom. Please see the attached picture

Any suggestions will be really apreciate.

Thank you

Aboy6

2320FFB9-2963-4A13-BEE2-A7AA1AF2DF14.jpeg

Ok. Thank you.

Where I can find the firmware and instructions. Sorry for ask too much.

Thank you

viofo website has the update, there's a file to copy onto an empty memory card, start the camera up and the camera will do the rest, pretty straightforward

Reactions: gse
It's also posted in this thread.

Ah. I wrote A119S in the title even though I have an A119. I did install the A119 firmware when I fixed mine.

I update the firmware this morning before work. The camera looks is working normal so far. I will post later today and let you guys know.

Thank you

I want to thank you guys.

You guys fix my problem with the camera, I do really apreciate that.

Also, I want to some feedbacks about a new camera I want to get in the near future. But, I’m not sure where to post that in here.

Back