A119S Not Saving Time & Day On GPS

phwier

Reaction score
Country
United States
I received my A119S yesterday (1/6/17, purchased from OCD Tronic on Amazon) with the GPS mount. When I have GPS toggled "ON", my date and time does not save. It appears to be defaulting to the date and time of Bangkok (GMT +7), however my time zone is set to GMT -7 where I am located. When I change the date and time to my current location, as soon as I leave the menu screen, I watch the date and time change back to Bangkok local, or it will revert during the next power cycle. If I turn GPS "OFF", my time and date remain.

I tried resetting the device via the side button, and resetting back to default settings via the menu, but the time and date will only stay without GPS. Obviously I'd like to use the GPS feature, which is why I am even coming here asking :p

Is anyone else having this issue?

EDIT - fixed :)

Last edited:
I received my A119S yesterday (1/6/17, purchased from OCD Tronic on Amazon) with the GPS mount. When I have GPS toggled "ON", my date and time does not save. It appears to be defaulting to the date and time of Bangkok (GMT +7), however my time zone is set to GMT -7 where I am located. When I change the date and time to my current location, as soon as I leave the menu screen, I watch the date and time change back to Bangkok local, or it will revert during the next power cycle. If I turn GPS "OFF", my time and date remain.

I tried resetting the device via the side button, and resetting back to default settings via the menu, but the time and date will only stay without GPS. Obviously I'd like to use the GPS feature, which is why I am even coming here asking :p

Is anyone else having this issue? I suppose there is not a fix yet, due to the very recent launch of this product.
No its not a issue, It's working as it should.
You can adjust the GTM setting, so it fit your time-zone.

Time/Date works fine, like mentioned above just set the GTM settings to the correct time zone.

when GPS is off in the settings it won't sync the time, when it's on it will change the offset based on whatever is configured in the timezone menu, double check your settings, you only set the offset, do not set the clock

Thanks guys, I reset it via factory settings, only set the time zone (GMT -7), and it is working correctly now.

Back