A119S Parking Mode?

khandu

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Does it have one? I believe not? But if you add a hardwire kit and something like PMP, can you make it constant record or some kind of buffered parking mode?

Trying to decide what the device can do v/s dr650s-2ch

Get a Vico-Power Plus and use the timer function so it doesn't record 24/7 (that's a bit hard on the hardware and vehicle battery life) You can flip a switch to record longer on special occasions etc. That's what I do.

Get a Vico-Power Plus and use the timer function so it doesn't record 24/7 (that's a bit hard on the hardware and vehicle battery life) You can flip a switch to record longer on special occasions etc. That's what I do.

Thanks OCD..

So does it means you set to record say 3 hrs after car switch off? after that won't work till car switched on?

Also will 2 x A119S (front and rear) install require 2 x Vico-Power Plus?

When do you reckon v2 will be available in Aus?

Yes, 2, or 3 hours is fine.

You can safely power 2 A119S via 1 Vico-Power Plus. Just get a Cig Y-splitter to power both.

I can ship you one to Australia but it won't be cheap. Let me know if you want me to private message you and make arrangements for a special invoice.

Yes, 2, or 3 hours is fine.

Thanks OCD.. So basically with Vico PP you basically set it upto 72hrs and both will record till that timer and stop.. and the timer will reset once we switch on the car and again repeat after it's switched off? or do we need to set the timer everytime we are leaving the car before switching the car off?

If the timer is enabled it happens every time you turn the engine off.

If you flip the switch to disable the timer it will record forever until the Low voltage or temperature cut off occurs

You don't have to remember to do anything if you keep the timer on it just works automatically each time

If you flip the switch to disable the timer it will record forever until the Low voltage or temperature cut off occurs

So isin't this better than timer? Just wondering.. what's is the average time 1 x A119S can continuous record before low voltage cut off (not sure what V should be set to be safe - 12V)?

So isin't this better than timer? Just wondering.. what's is the average time 1 x A119S can continuous record before low voltage cut off (not sure what V should be set to be safe - 12V)?
Depends on many things: car battery health, engine size, petrol or diesel, outside temperature etc. Overall rule is 12-12.1V cut off point. However my 2.0 VW diesel with quite old battery starts an engine at 11.8V in our mild climate. So its all individual.

Sent from my LG-H962 using Tapatalk

Back