A119S V2 failing

Johnbluecar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I decided to send the V1 back to Amazon co uk after reading about the issues people had. So a new V2 arrived - it was very hard to separate the GPS base from the unit but now it's very loose. The Transcend card works fine.

There was no EVA foam for the mount when it came.

The first two days it worked fine over a 165 mile trip. Now on local trips it stops after 5 or 10 min. Then works fine at start up then 4 min later stoped recording.

Has this one got to go back ?

I decided to send the V1 back to Amazon co uk after reading about the issues people had. So a new V2 arrived - it was very hard to separate the GPS base from the unit but now it's very loose. The Transcend card works fine.

There was no EVA foam for the mount when it came.

The first two days it worked fine over a 165 mile trip. Now on local trips it stops after 5 or 10 min. Then works fine at start up then 4 min later stoped recording.

Has this one got to go back ?

Are you sure it's a V2?

I agree check the serial number on the unit does it have V2 anywhere on the serial number ?

Yep that is the new V2 model..strange that is happening again as per V1 model issues. Where is your USB cable plugged in..is it via the GPS mount or directly into the camera? (assuming it`s not hardwired to light unit) There were issues previously on V1 model when connecting mini usb via GPS mounts with the camera not working properly....

The USB cable is plugged into the GPS mount then goes to the lighter addapter. All the wire is neatly hidden away and secure.

Anything I can test happy to give it a go.

Shouldn`t have to on the new V2 models but try and plug the USB cable into the side of the camera unit and not into the GPS unit..run it for a day or two and see if everything is being recorded correctly...

Get the seller to send you some EVA foam padding, should take care of the wiggle.

Before the GPS issue is caused for LCD screen flicking or random rebooting.
For stop recording, I thought this is not related with power issue.
If you have other memory card, can also have a try.

Hello VIOFO

I will do a few tests with other memory cards and the power connector and report back here in a few days time.

@jokiin........... He said the card was working fine in the V1 so is there any reason not in the V2 ?

Not sure he had the V1 all that long, memory card and power supply are the two most common causes of problems so always worth checking

Yep and the fact the pins/connectors are different on the GPS

@Johnbluecar........ EVA foam pads are available or you can DIY which some have done here

BTW Joker, did you sent me the EVA pads

The EVA pads were posted to you on the 1st of May

WTF and thanks............ I don't have them so could you give me some postage details and I will chase it from here as well

WTF and thanks............ I don't have them so could you give me some postage details and I will chase it from here as well

not sure what details I can give, I posted to the details Jon gave me which I would assume are the same as where your camera was sent to, just went regular post in a cardboard envelope

Jon gave me some extras so if they've gone missing I can resend

What country was it posted from ?........... May 1st you weren't in Australia ?

Back