A119S V2, no GPS, no worries?

roadhazard

Reaction score
Country
United States
Was thinking about getting the A119S V2 ( https://www.ebay.com/itm/282415883034 ) but had a quick question. I see in the description, it does not include the GPS mount. I could have sworn I read somewhere that having the GPS mount was preferred for SOME reason (can't remember exactly.... maybe to cut down on wear/tear of the power pins?!?!?). Once I mount this thing, I really don't intend to remove it every day. It will be a "set it and forget it" kinda deal. Is the GPS mount not needed any more since these cams are shipping with a new design that minimizes wear/tear on the power pins?

The A119 you linked to is being shipped from China. Wasn’t sure if you were aware. GPS is more of a preference. It’s nice to be able to remove the camera without having to unplug the power cable.

For me, GPS is mandatory to keep the date/time up to date automatically. Bad things can happen if the date/time is not maintained properly.

I only remove my A119S c/w GPS and CPL filter when I change from daylight savings time and vice versa.
I clean the CPL filter, lens and windshield, both sides at the same time.
My A119S has been used daily since Aug. 24, 2017 with no issues, it’s a very good dash cam.
I agree 100% with 5Cowbells.

The description indicates it includes GPS Module but not CPL filter, that’s an optional extra.

Well crap..... I saw this in the description: "2 x Camera Mount(not GPS mount)"

...same wording as in the listing I originally posted. So I take it the Chinese listing, AND THIS ONE, don't come with the GPS mount?!?!

Both the suppliers you listed show:
GPS Module includes
CPL filter Not includes.
So you get the GPS capability from either supplier.
The CPL filter is extra and has nothing to do with the GPS.
They are 2 separate items.

Both the suppliers you listed show:
GPS Module includes
CPL filter Not includes.
So you get the GPS capability from either supplier.
The CPL filter is extra and has nothing to do with the GPS.
They are 2 separate items.

I'm still confused. If the GPS is included (which I agree with you.... it sounds like it is?), then why does the description for both state "...not GPS mount".

I'm still confused. If the GPS is included (which I agree with you.... it sounds like it is?), then why does the description for both state "...not GPS mount".
The A119 includes 2 standard non-GPS mounts. All A119 series dash cameras come with the 2 standard mounts. If you order a A119 with GPS, then you technically get 3 mounts as the GPS is built into the mount, so you will get 2 standard non-GPS mounts and one GPS mount.

The A119 includes 2 standard non-GPS mounts. All A119 series dash cameras come with the 2 standard mounts. If you order a A119 with GPS, then you technically get 3 mounts as the GPS is built into the mount, so you will get 2 standard non-GPS mounts and one GPS mount.

Ok, I think I understand now. It's just confusing because the descriptions to those auctions talk about GPS this, GPS that..... but they lack the actual GPS mount. So maybe this is the one I want: https://www.ebay.com/itm/173652447056 (if I want one that comes with a GPS mount)

Ok, I think I understand now. It's just confusing because the descriptions to those auctions talk about GPS this, GPS that..... but they lack the actual GPS mount. So maybe this is the one I want: https://www.ebay.com/itm/173652447056 (if I want one that comes with a GPS mount)
Yes, that one will come with the GPS mount. That is a A119S, is that what you want? There is A119, A119S and the A119 Pro. All have different image sensors.

Yes, that one will come with the GPS mount. That is a A119S, is that what you want? There is A119, A119S and the A119 Pro. All have different image sensors.

Yep and to me and my eyes, I think the 119S offers a sharper image compared to the 119 or the Pro. I like the wider FOV of the 119 but the image quality of the S model shines brightest..... at least IMHO. :)

Back