A119s v2 not booting

DMG_SC

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've been running this A119s v2 just over a year. It had power issues caused by a faulty GPS unit. VIOFO was quick and easy to resolve that with. Yesterday morning I heard it chime as it rebooted a couple times. I checked it and it was recording fine. Later that day I had a near Miss and went to safe the file and heard no beep. Looking at the screen it is stuck in the VIOFO boot screen. I can't seem to get it to reset with a power cycle with or without the SD card.

Also noted the new A129 Duo so now I am torn between getting another A119s with it's 60FPS for the back window or just getting a A129 and calling it a day. Not sure how the performance/plate quality holds up with the 129 vs the 119s.

Attachments

• IMG_20181112_141649.jpg
    IMG_20181112_141649.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 19
If you aren't able to enter the menu with the SD card removed, try powering it on with the latest firmware on the card, should bring the unit back to normal.

I've been running this A119s v2 just over a year. It had power issues caused by a faulty GPS unit. VIOFO was quick and easy to resolve that with. Yesterday morning I heard it chime as it rebooted a couple times. I checked it and it was recording fine. Later that day I had a near Miss and went to safe the file and heard no beep. Looking at the screen it is stuck in the VIOFO boot screen. I can't seem to get it to reset with a power cycle with or without the SD card.

Also noted the new A129 Duo so now I am torn between getting another A119s with it's 60FPS for the back window or just getting a A129 and calling it a day. Not sure how the performance/plate quality holds up with the 129 vs the 119s.
reinstall the loader, than reinstall the firmware. takes 3min.

Thanks just got home going to give it a shot.

Thanks guys worked like a champ. Cleared the SD card out the loader and firmware in, it updated and powered up.

Do you think it's worth maybe using this camera in my other vehicle and grabbing up the A129 duo for my dialy driver? Or save some money and get another A119s to rear face. I do a lot of night driving. Only accident I have had so far was a rear end collision, very common here.

Thanks guys worked like a champ. Cleared the SD card out the loader and firmware in, it updated and powered up.

Do you think it's worth maybe using this camera in my other vehicle and grabbing up the A129 duo for my dialy driver? Or save some money and get another A119s to rear face. I do a lot of night driving. Only accident I have had so far was a rear end collision, very common here.
Be sure to delete the loader file from the card after install (firmware file will automatically delete, but loader will not).

I'd rather have two identical cameras than a dual one: you can independently check footage while still using the other and it is better to have a 'spare' dashcam you can swap when needed.

Back