A119S v2

Linophryne

Reaction score
Country
Canada
@OCD Tronic

I see that you have the V2 of the A119S on amazon, Did the guys mention if there have been any other improvements other than the GPS mount? Were they able to correct the blurry left side and exaggerated lens flares that have been reported?? I have a bum unit(not bought from you) but instead of returning it I am going to just put it in my wife's Jeep, I am going to get another one for the car. I was going to get the A119 as it seems to have over all a mature build to it.

Not aware of any other changes at this time. (No lens changes) EDIT New Lens Base confirmed! Also EVA Foam padding also included

I think EVA foam may be included in the new V2 batch to help with wobble vibration noises as well. (If not this batch next one) EDIT (Yes confirmed)

EDIT (Photos)

81c-qj52YML._SL1500_.jpg

71GU7RbjpML._SL1200_.jpg

Last edited:
@OCD Tronic, will the EVA foam be included on the first batch? I saw your later post on another thread where you indicated it would be. I just pre-ordered an A119S V2 from you via Amazon and wanted to verify.

I've had no significant problems yet with the A119S V1 ordered from a different seller a couple of weeks ago. I haven't decided if I'll return it or not. I might gift it to my brother.

Last edited:
Are there photos comparing v1 vs. v2 somewhere?

Are there photos comparing v1 vs. v2 somewhere?

Haven't found any, but I will be sure to post some once mine arrives this coming weekend.
Will do a side-by-side comparison, as I still have time to return the V1 by the time V2 arrives.

edit: nevermind, looks like someone already did. :)

Last edited:
I think the old version would work a lot better if the contacts on the camera weren't countersunk so far down into the body of the camera. If there was a way to add a little thickness to them they would work a lot better.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

It's important to know, the new A119/A119S V2's won't be compatible with the original "V1" GPS mounts due to a pin-out change.

The opposite is true as well. Original "V1" A119/A119S units won't be compatible with the new V2 GPS mount. (Even though they "look" similar and lined up)

A V2 will be part of the serial number plate on the back of the camera to identify the difference. If it doesn't have a V2, it's an original "V1"

Thanks @CaptureYourAction Can't say I'm a fan of either solution...
I think it's a pretty good solution, for the contact at least. It looks like the connection on the GPS side retracts into itself once it's connected to the camera. So it is constantly pushing onto the camera connection bars.
Also it seems that the connection bars is a bit raised on the camera side.

Don't think this helps with the vibration when on bumpy roads; which is why they will try to include some type of foam with it. But hopefully this solution is enough to stop the constant restarts when powering from the GPS.

In retrospect, the pin connectivity is a horrible design; I'm surprised they pushed that out and it got past testing.

Just got my V2. I'm guessing I got one from the first batch because it didn't come with EVA foam. I do notice a lot of movement when pressing the buttons on the camera.

But besides that, I'm actually liking the new contact design. I have yet to test it out on my daily drives, but I'm confident it won't continuously disconnect like the V1 when powered through the GPS.

Will come back here if anything out of the usual occurs.

Can't say I'm a fan of either solution...

Share your alternative solution.........

To me it looks sweet and reliable like a phone battery connection.

I am waiting for mine to arrive and will report after a break in period.

Just got my V2. I'm guessing I got one from the first batch because it didn't come with EVA foam. I do notice a lot of movement when pressing the buttons on the camera.

But besides that, I'm actually liking the new contact design. I have yet to test it out on my daily drives, but I'm confident it won't continuously disconnect like the V1 when powered through the GPS.

Will come back here if anything out of the usual occurs.

The Next batch of V2 should contain EVA foam pads then. (Arriving in 10 days). I can mail you some EVA when I return from China at the end of the month if needed. (Assuming you bought from OCD Tronic)

Got both of mine replaced this evening. I was pleasantly surprised to see the GPS pick up a signal in the garage. And it only took 15-20 seconds.

Shipping the V1 back tomorrow.

But is the rattle problem solved, in the pictures I can't see anything what would solve the problem, maybe the contacts are pushing more on the camera that solves the problem?

I was told that New EVA memory foam will be included in the second production of V2 arriving in 7-10 days. Photos havnt been updated yet. Stick one on the mount, problem solved

But where has the foam to be placed on the opposite side of the contacts?
Because if you place it on the bottom side it blocks the airholes
Foam.png

I'm assuming it's a custom diecut piece that will go everywhere but where the t-peg and contacts are. Should be similar to how the SG9665GC does it.

But is the rattle problem solved, in the pictures I can't see anything what would solve the problem, maybe the contacts are pushing more on the camera that solves the problem?

It works, I applied one of the spare EVA pads from the SG9665GC to the A119S's V1 mount, took care of the vibrations from the subwoofer. 3+ months later it's still snug.

Back