A119S v2

Will this foam come already attached, or will it be up to the customer to attach only if they feel they need it?

I was told 4 pieces of custom cut 0.5 mm EVA foam pads will be in each camera accessory box. Customers will need to attach one piece to the camea's back side.

The very cheap solution:
I took a piece of leftover selfadhesive furniture felt (about 3mm thickness and 17 mm wide) and split this piece in two with a sharp hobbyknife, so I got a piece of approximately 1mm thickness. This piece I stuck on the upperside of the camera. The result: no more U2 on the camera (no more rattle & hum).
This works for me for the time being

IMG_1826.jpg

IMG_1829.jpg

Last edited:
The very cheap solution:
I took a piece of leftover selfadhesive furniture felt (about 3mm thickness and 17 mm wide) and split this piece in two with a sharp hobbyknife, so I got a piece of approximately 1mm thickness. This piece I stuck on the upperside of the camera. The result: no more U2 on the camera (no more rattle & hum).
This works for me for the time being

have a feeling your and my DIY Repair will be very popular once all these returned V1's are sold off Amazon/eBay for $50.
caution on hot summer days as that felt adhesive will soften and could touch the contacts as its shifts when removing from mount.

Last edited:
caution on hot summer days as that felt adhesive will soften and could touch the contacts as its shifts when removing from mount.

I think we don't get too much problems with hot summer days in the Netherlands :D, but it is something to keep in mind.
I don't plan to remove the dashcam any time soon, only the SD card when necessary

I heard Lexar is using using cheaper materials lately to keep their prices down during the global memory shortage. I will no longer recommend them until I hear otherwise.

You should consider the higher quality version

Rubbish and why................. I will walk across the road for the one that I posted and will report back with usage

Bigger - Better - Faster is not always the way to go, especially with warranty on cards

Rubbish and why................. I will walk across the road for the one that I posted and will report back with usage

Bigger - Better - Faster is not always the way to go, especially with warranty on cards

I've been using removable storage devices since the days of PCMCIA ("Flash cards") in laptops, digital cameras, automobiles, portable music players, surveillance cameras, quadcopters, and dashcams. I've used various brands (mostly SanDisk) and various form factors including PCMCIA/Flash, USB, CF, SmartMedia, MemoryStick, and (Micro)SD.

I've yet to have one wear out. Almost universally, they become obsolete in terms of form factor and/or capacity long before they die. I'm currently using the sole brand and model of MicroSD card that Viofio specifically says NOT to use and it works perfectly. I can't justify spending 2 to 3 times more for a "recommend" or "heavy duty" version when the standard ones have worked fine for years. Until it is proven to me otherwise, I can only think of these "high endurance" models as little more than marketing gimmicks.

A couple of brands currently advertise their 64 GB high-endurance models rated up to 10,000+ hours. An average driver driving 12,000 miles per year spends about 400 hours per year behind the wheel. That's 25 years out MicroSD card life! That card and the device it is used in will be obsolete, lost, upgraded, or discarded LONG before then. Even if that's 10x the life (which I doubt it's near that high) of a "standard" card, that's still at least 2.5 years. That's longer than most people keep many of their electronic gadgets like smartphones.

Eh, for the record the Lexar 300x and 633x is only a few dollar difference and you can get over twice the read/transfer speed.

Awesome! I've been looking for a way to transfer those bloody rollovers involving decapitation from my dashcam to my computer in 30 seconds instead of 60. Because there are least two a day, that would save me enough time each day to type more replies like this! ;)

I will try to get some spare pieces and make them available.

I'm bringing back heaps of the new custom die cut 0.5mm EVA foam pads that fit the back of the A119/A119S. They just arrived special delivery at my hotel in Shenzhen moments ago. I'll be sending them out to OCD Tronic customers that request them.

I will also make them available as an accessory for others. I'll post details for which part number to search for on Amazon when they are listed.

96c60b7f8d81e9c8581d3ebb72ca4d88.jpg

FYI if anyone buys the only "A119S V2" currently listed on Amazon as of today, OCDTronic just ran out of stock and another seller just illegally took over the listing. I'm 99% sure you will receive a V1 if you don't choose the "sold by OCD Tronic" listing which is a week away from being back in stock.

The second batch of A119S GPS V2 arriving next week will contain the new EVA pads.

A non GPS A119 V2 and A119S V2 will be listed soon as well. We only offered the GPS version until now.

How much will it cost me to send back the v1 I have had for only a week or so? I have to say I am a bit ticked that I even got the old version, which appears to have the blurry left side issue.

edit: I just discovered there are many vendors for this item and my comment is likely misplaced here. I seem to have bought mine from somebody called smartdealsusa and I guess I will have to speak to them. I am not an Amazon regular and was unaware I had to watch to make sure who exactly I bought it from to avoid being sold obsolete products.

Last edited:
How much will it cost me to send back the v1 I have had for only a week or so? I have to say I am a bit ticked that I even got the old version, which appears to have the blurry left side issue.

edit: I just discovered there are many vendors for this item and my comment is likely misplaced here. I seem to have bought mine from somebody called smartdealsusa and I guess I will have to speak to them. I am not an Amazon regular and was unaware I had to watch to make sure who exactly I bought it from to avoid being sold obsolete products.

Just contact Amazon tell them you want to return it. They will then contact seller if not Amazon and you should get a reply for the return.
Have you contacted smartdealsusa yet?
Just tell them it isn't working right and you want to return for refund.

Thanks for that Iggy, I will do just that. And no, I have not contacted the vendor. To be brutally honest my feeling is they should have contacted me. What an unfortunate situation. I am now not entirely sure I wish to get another Viofo...

Back