A119s vs A119pro

eoj818

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all been lurking for a while finally came down to these two dashcams! They are on sale for 15% extra on amazon btw. Which of these would you guys say is better overall? Mostly using it for driving to and from work 9-5. I want to clearly see license plates and night vision is a huge plus. I have heard the S has good night vision but not as great in daytime. Any suggestions would be great thank you!

I'm using the Pro for the front and S for the rear. I like the A119S better ... better PQ on mine.
I'm very happy with my A119S as a rear (or front) but intend getting the A119 V3 to replace the PRO as a front Cam at some stage ... for the better quality vision

Edit: Sat .... Just checked. I wasn't happy with the PRO when on highest resolution setting but video looked good when viewing. I had changed resolution to 1080p.
I then changed it back to the high res and inserted a different micro card to compare the picture quality.

eoj ... if getting the best from VIOFO is important to you and you don't mind paying a little more - the A119 V3 is the way to go ... you won't regret it. (y)

Last edited:
Ive heard the S quality is not as great in daytime and sometimes it is TOO sharp. I cant find much info on the pro sadly. Really hard to decide!

A119 V3 is the one to go for.

If you want one of the older ones then I suggest not the A119S because in the USA your license plates have writing too small for the 1080 resolution. In places with larger plates it is a fine camera.

Ive heard the S quality is not as great in daytime and sometimes it is TOO sharp. I cant find much info on the pro sadly. Really hard to decide!

I have the A119S. Daytime quality is pretty good. I can't compare it to other models, but from what I've seen I don't think I would complain about it.

Back