A119v1 mod fixes rebooting while driving

Drant

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I just wanted to share my lazy fix for my A119 v1. The camera had been in the garage for over 12 months because it would reboot all the time while driving.

I figured it was the contacts between the GPS unit and the camera coming apart with bumps in the road (which turned out to be correct). I know you can attach the power cable to the other socket on the camera and the GPS is supposed to still work, but my car has a mirror shape that makes this really ugly.

I finally got around to fixing the camera the way I'd planned to - it was out of warranty and I figured there was nothing to loose. I love the camera, it takes great video and is reliable and does everything I want.

I disassembled the camera and GPS module housing, de-soldered the gold pins from the GPS board and soldered 4 wires between the long gold contacts and the GPS board.

The cam is back to original self - or even better really because no bump will bother it now.

If you try this yourself I'd suggest getting some finer gauge wire - I just used what I had and it made it much harder.

Happy to share more details if folks are interested.

Attachments

• PXL_20201014_211006289~2.jpg
    PXL_20201014_211006289~2.jpg
    379.2 KB · Views: 15
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C A119 298
Back