A119V2 Bricked?

huffie

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Was previously using version 2.02 and decided to update to v4.0. Attempted to update using FWBA119.bin a couple of times but failed (booted up and went into recording straight). Read from forum to rename file to FWA119S.bin instead and tried it. Firmware was flashed (with the blinking green LED) but now stuck in VIOFO screen. Tried downgrading to V2.02 (renaming FWBA119.bin to FWBS119.bin) didn't work, tried installing LDA119S.bin and FWBS119.bin (ver 2.02) didn't work, tried installing LDBA119.bin and FWBA119.bin (ver 2.02) didn't work, tried installing FWBA119.bin (ver 4.0) also didn't work. Is my dashcam bricked?

don't rename firmware files, that's a mistake. the bootloader identifies the file to prevent you loading the wrong file so you don't end up in this situation, if you go trying to flash bootloaders you're going from bad to worse

you need to identify which version your camera actually is and get the correct firmware back on, it will reload as long as the file is named according to whichever bootloader your camera now has, that might take a bit of trial and error to work out though

According to the official firmware website for 119V2 (as appeared on my S/N), if ver 2.0 is installed boot loader is not required. However, I was not able to flash it hence the renaming of it as found in the forum (perhaps I was wrong as you mentioned). Now the issue is that the firmware got flashed but I got stuck in the VIOFO logo. =(

Sorry, a closer looked at the serial no. indeed shows that my device is A119SV2. So now I'm totally lost.

that's why when you renamed the A119 firmware to the S version it loaded, you have the A119S bootloader, download the A119S firmware and try that, if it doesn't load one of your loader update attempts has changed things, rename the A119S firmware to suit the loader it has (might take a bit of trial and error) and you'll get it working again

Thanks jokiin for the follow up. Think I might have messed up the whole thing. Now the dashcam will only load LDBA119.bin and FWBA119.bin. Even if I put in LDA119S.bin it will not load nor FWA119S.bin (be it for A119S or renamed from A119V2) -_-"

Thanks jokiin for the follow up. Think I might have messed up the whole thing. Now the dashcam will only load LDBA119.bin and FWBA119.bin. Even if I put in LDA119S.bin it will not load nor FWA119S.bin (be it for A119S or renamed from A119V2) -_-"

Who has problems updating the software, on the A119S, is not flashing, rollback is also impossible:
1. Rename the original LDA119S.bin to LDBA119.bin
2. Update the camera with the renamed LDBA119.bin
3. Remove LDBA119.bin from the card
4. Update the camera using FWA119S.bin
5. Update the camera with the original LDA119S.bin
6. Remove LDA119S.bin from the card

Who has problems updating the software, on the A119S, is not flashing, rollback is also impossible:
1. Rename the original LDA119S.bin to LDBA119.bin
2. Update the camera with the renamed LDBA119.bin
3. Remove LDBA119.bin from the card
4. Update the camera using FWA119S.bin
5. Update the camera with the original LDA119S.bin
6. Remove LDA119S.bin from the card
Thanks gse for the instructions!

Back