A119V2 Flickering LCD

Koubiacz

Reaction score
Country
France
Dash Cam
SG9665GC V2 GPS + CPL and A119 V2
Hello,

In April 2017, my A119 (v1) camera stopped working.
Dealer exchanged it by an A119V2

Since the beginning of the week, the same problems return, the camera reboot and the lcd flickering

The camera's power supply is connected directly to it and not to the GPS module.

Do you have any ideas for solving the problem?

Hello,

In April 2017, my A119 (v1) camera stopped working.
Dealer exchanged it by an A119V2

Since the beginning of the week, the same problems return, the camera reboot and the lcd flickering

The camera's power supply is connected directly to it and not to the GPS module.

Do you have any ideas for solving the problem?
Are you using the 2-port USB adapter that came with the camera? If so, they don't fit well in certain cars 12V ports, causing a poor power connection and causing what your experiencing. Try pushing down on the adapter the next time you notice the issue and see if it helps or not. Could also be a bad cable. Are you using the stock cable?

I have a 12/5 volts converter that is connected directly to the fuse box of the car.

it's is one :

Try powering it using the supplied charger and cable, the problem should go away.

If two cameras are not working OK with the same converter I consider that converter to not be OK.
When people is reporting a bug this should be done only when using the original cables and chargers.

I can try to change the power supply.
Which model do you recommend? What you call you "original"model, there were not supplied with the camera.
This camera is installed in the back of my car.

idee.jpg

I can try to change the power supply.
Which model do you recommend? What you call you "original"model, there were not supplied with the camera.
This camera is installed in the back of my car.

idee.jpg
How long is that cable?

I installed a long cable that brings the 12v to the back of the car. Then I soldered the converter.
The converter cable must be 50cm long to the USB connector.
Everything has worked properly since April 2017.
I drive a lot, the camera has had to run for about 200 hours since April.
The power supply has been in place since August 2016 with the A119V1 (65.000km).

Last edited:
Have you tried the original 2 USB port charger adapter?

Hello,

I didn't try the USB adapter because I don't have a cable long enough to reach the back of the car.
If I have to change the power supply, which product do you recommend?

Thx

Hello,

I bought this kit and I haven't had a problem with my A119 in a week.

I have the same one for my front camera (SG9665SC) and it has been working for 2 years without problems.

Thanks for the advice, I wouldn't have thought that the failure of my A119 could have come from the power supply.

Back