A119v2 or Nextbase 512GW (1ch)?

mrklaw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Looking to get two cams for our two cars. Possibly just 1ch to avoid possible DAB issues.

A119v2 looks stealthier than the Nextbase, is well recommended and is a fair bit cheaper than the Nextbase.

The Nextbase has Wi-Fi so I can easily download preview clips to my phone, supports a rear cam in the future, and I can get Halfords to install for £30. In my BMW I can probably self install as I have a concealed 12v socket under the glove box. Not sure about my wife’s polo. Cheap install service is attractive

I’m also curious about the parking mode on the 512. Without additional hardware it should have a few hours parking support which would be enough for shopping trips etc.

Any major difference between the two or are both good cams?

the A129 might be worth considering instead of the A119, also has wifi and the option to add a rear camera

If issues with DAB I could just leave the rear?

But no parking mode unless hard wired?

If issues with DAB I could just leave the rear?

But no parking mode unless hard wired?

rear is optional, would be no worse than the 512 rear for DAB so that's the same either way, you need power for parking mode unlike the 512 which has a battery, that said the parking mode is far superior anyway so if that was a consideration that would be another tick in the box for the Viofo

Thanks

Not looked at the A129 yet - only the 119 which doesn’t have parking mode. Dies the 129 have built in voltage selection cutoff?

I also will try the A129.
This Cam has so many good functions that im sure you will find your perfect setting.

And iam sure that in the future we will get some better functions with firmware upgrades (maybe custom firmware)

Support of viofo is great and the cams are temperature proof.

Image quality is miles better than very expensibe models like the overhyped blackvue for example.

And last but not least viofo use very high quality parts like: sensors, processors and capacitors.

Boys this Dashcam is very expensive here in Canada. They want $229 for it.

What about this Vifo model, since I don't need a rear camera or lane depature etc.....

VIOFO A119 V2 2K-FHD 30FPS Dash Camera, Latest 2018 Edition

Last edited:
Its a good choise too.
But try the updated "S" model

A119S V2

Back