A119v3 windshield mount vs factory tint

Based on that thread I linked, it seems to have widely varying elapsed times before it re-enters parking mode.

The manual that comes with the A119v3 is woefully inadequate in regards to explaining how the parking mode works and how it is enunciated on the display. Where have you guys found information regarding the parking mode?

The above linked thread told me about symbols on the screen to look for. I didn't know that before. I had no frame of reference as to what to expect. So I thought my hardwire was faulty. In fact, the hardwire was done properly, I just didn't understand what the dashcam was telling me. And that trick about having to cycle the ignition switch to enable parking mode immediately (vs waiting for it to time out) was tricky too when first connecting power without using the ignition switch.. and not explained anywhere that I found except in that thread.
For the A119V3, in firmware V1.03, there does seem to be an issue with when the camera will entering parking mode when not using the 3-wire hardwire kit. I had forgot about that. V1.02 seems to work fine, though Viofo says there is a bug in that firmware related to parking mode. It should re-enter parking mode with V1.03, it just might be longer than 5 minutes. As long as your not unplugging the camera a lot while using the 3-wire kit, then this really won't be an issue.

For the A119V3, in firmware V1.03, there does seem to be an issue with when the camera will entering parking mode when not using the 3-wire hardwire kit. I had forgot about that. V1.02 seems to work fine, though Viofo says there is a bug in that firmware related to parking mode. It should re-enter parking mode with V1.03, it just might be longer than 5 minutes. As long as your not unplugging the camera a lot while using the 3-wire kit, then this really won't be an issue.
Thanks. I don't anticipate needing to do that.

In a few brief tests thus far, it seems like it takes a lot of movement to make the A119v3 change from blinking red to solid red (which I assume means it's moved from parking mode to actually recording). I commented upthread that I could dance a jig and it doesn't seem to activate. And yet if I wave a large square of cardboard, that seems to trigger it. Does that sound normal?

Thanks. I don't anticipate needing to do that.

In a few brief tests thus far, it seems like it takes a lot of movement to make the A119v3 change from blinking red to solid red (which I assume means it's moved from parking mode to actually recording). I commented upthread that I could dance a jig and it doesn't seem to activate. And yet if I wave a large square of cardboard, that seems to trigger it. Does that sound normal?
Is the parking mode motion detection setting on high?
When blinking REC button turns solid while in parking mode, it just means it's now recording. It's still in parking mode though. It won't exit parking mode until you start the car.

Is the parking mode motion detection setting on high?
When blinking REC button turns solid while in parking mode, it just means it's now recording. It's still in parking mode though. It won't exit parking mode until you start the car.
I believe I set the parking mode detection on medium or middle sensitivity.

I noticed the blinking red light had stopped blinking after having my vehicle parked for maybe 24 hours or so. IIRC, I set the cutoff voltage to 12.2v (2nd from the right). Not exactly how sure how long the camera stayed in parking mode before shutting off. The battery is just a few months old, so it should be in pretty good shape. Does that sound about right... 24-ish hours in parking mode set to 12.2v?

Back