A129 2 Wire Capability? Can I use Aftyer Market Wire?

gapi

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
A129
I see the FW1.5 supports 2 wire. Any or Just a Viofo?

2 wire means the standard USB power supply that they include (or an equivalent), no different to any of the previous firmware versions

Thanks, I have a vico power plus want to use. I had my hopes up.

Just to be clear.... I can use it as a power supply only correct. What voltage does the Viofo cut off at?

Just to be clear.... I can use it as a power supply only correct. What voltage does the Viofo cut off at?

the Vico just manages the power, it is not a power supply, you plug the Viofo power supply into the Vico, the cutoff, timer etc is handled by the Vico

Thank You, I know I sounded like I don't know what it does (poor grammar) as I have used it and a Power Magic Pro with other cams, but I'm still confused.

Cut and dry question, if I use the Vico or a Power Magic Pro the A129 Duo will not go into parking mode, but will just run as if the car is still running or the key is still on?

I just hate letting the Vico go to waste. I ponder if the USB 2 wire pin-outs can be adapter via the Vico?

Cut and dry question, if I use the Vico or a Power Magic Pro the A129 Duo will not go into parking mode, but will just run as if the car is still running or the key is still on?
not really as they do also offer an automated parking mode in the latest firmware betas so the camera can change to parking mode based on lack of movement, it's not as definitive as the 3 wire method but still works ok for most users

Thank You, I know I sounded like I don't know what it does (poor grammar) as I have used it and a Power Magic Pro with other cams, but I'm still confused.

I just hate letting the Vico go to waste. I ponder if the USB 2 wire pin-outs can be adapter via the Vico?

I've used the two wire Parking Mode using a Vico-Power Plus and recommend you try it out. A129 will go into Parking Mode after 5 minutes of the car being stationary. Earlier it was 90 seconds, which led to the camera entering Parking Mode when stopped at traffic lights and at times would keep recording time-lapse or low-bitrate videos after the car moved. 5 minutes solved this issue.

Vico is a lot more convenient, flip the switch when you need Parking Mode. Parking Mode functionality is the same, only how the camera enters and exits Parking Mode differs.

Check this thread - https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/parking-mode-beta-firmware.36138/

With the 3 wire kit I've forgotten to turn the camera off or pull the power cable on exiting the car a few times already, kept recording overnight, once for almost 24 hours. Heavily leaning towards going back to the Vico-Power Plus.

Back