A129 3-wire kit

edjack

Reaction score
Country
United States
Does anyone have an update on when the 3-wire kit will be available for the A129? I have three of them and I've been holding off hardwiring, waiting on the 3-wire kit to come out. But I'm getting tired of it being plugged into my USB port and really don't want to break down and get a 2-wire kit, because I'd like to have it for parking lot mode.

CaptureYourAction

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
DOD, Dome Technologies, VicoVation, Viofo, GitUp
Does anyone have an update on when the 3-wire kit will be available for the A129? I have three of them and I've been holding off hardwiring, waiting on the 3-wire kit to come out. But I'm getting tired of it being plugged into my USB port and really don't want to break down and get a 2-wire kit, because I'd like to have it for parking lot mode.
What USB port are you plugged into. Is this a built-in USB port from the factory?

NomadTech

Reaction score
Country
United States
What USB port are you plugged into. Is this a built-in USB port from the factory?
Some cars have USB ports to connect media players(phone, etc) to the car audio system. Issue is most only provide 1 Amp for charging and that's not always enough.

CaptureYourAction

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
DOD, Dome Technologies, VicoVation, Viofo, GitUp
Some cars have USB ports to connect media players(phone, etc) to the car audio system. Issue is most only provide 1 Amp for charging and that's not always enough.
Precisely why I asked. These built in USB ports may pose an issue. They are usually not a good source for powering a dash camera.

OP
E

edjack

Reaction score
Country
United States
A factory port. It has a standard 5 volt - 1 amp USB ports. The A129 Duo works fine using 1 amp. I have been running two of them in two different cars, no problems. This is temporary until the 3-wire kit comes out, so I can hardwire into the fuse panel. I'm running both front and rear cameras, but I have the sounds completely turned off, the microphone on permanent mute, and the screen turns off completely after about 10 seconds at startup. No problems so far.

NomadTech

Reaction score
Country
United States
A factory port. It has a standard 5 volt - 1 amp USB ports. The A129 Duo works fine using 1 amp. I have been running two of them in two different cars, no problems. This is temporary until the 3-wire kit comes out, so I can hardwire into the fuse panel. I'm running both front and rear cameras, but I have the sounds completely turned off, the microphone on permanent mute, and the screen turns off completely after about 10 seconds at startup. No problems so far.
I also run the cameras in 2 cars, but my ports are 2 Amps. Just remembered however that a few years ago one of the cars was going by the old standard of 0.5 Amp, same like a USB2 port on the computer.

Ramacher

Reaction score
Country
United States
I got one last week and installed it yesterday. It came from china so that might be the hold up. Also viofo's post said they have a 'few' for testing, so not sure if everyone that requested one will get it.

SamelCamel

Reaction score
Country
United States
I requested one for testing but received no response at all.

-Sam

Msan2000

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
DCTEAM - Viofo A129
Does anyone have the beta firmware that works with the 3 wire kit yet?

NomadTech

Reaction score
Country
United States
As per VIOFO support, version 1.2 works with it.

SamelCamel

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome to September 2018 everyone! How are those shipments of 3-wire kits looking?

-Sam

NomadTech

Reaction score
Country
United States
Getting tired waiting to purchase one, today I decided to open the one I got for testing. Built quality is good. Looks identical to SGDCHW for Street Guardian except for the mini USB plug that is rotated.
Here are the images:
20180906_182811.jpg20180906_182502.jpg20180906_182257.jpg20180906_182225.jpg
It certainly looks like you can use just about anything for as long as it has 3 wires for power. If wires are not as you need (12V DC and Acc reversed) you can very easy resolder them inside

Last edited:

Msan2000

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
DCTEAM - Viofo A129
I must have wired my ACC to always on 12+, as it never goes into parking mode but just keeps recording normally.
Is there a big power draw difference between parking and normal mode?

Finger

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I must have wired my ACC to always on 12+, as it never goes into parking mode but just keeps recording normally.
Is there a big power draw difference between parking and normal mode?
Power draw is the same

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

viofo

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
A129 Duo / WR1/A119/A119S, A118C/A118C2, G1W-C/G1W-CB/G1W-S
We are still improving the cable, need more testing before final release.