A129 4K hardwire

Mattyboyc0806s

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a quick question before I look to install my new camera. I had a mini 0806s before hard wired with a 3 wire kit, would I be able to use this as my power source.
Thanks In advance

No i think you need viofos own kit, the old kit might also not be able to deliver enough power for a 4K system

I don't think it will trigger the parking mode because it uses a different form of signal. It will provide power, if you don't want to use parking mode, but the A129 Pro uses a lot of power, so to avoid problems I recommend getting a real Viofo HK3.

VIOFO HK3ACC Hardwire Kit for A129 .
I'm trying to determine if my 3 wire hardwire kit is defective or not. I want to wire a switch into the parking mode wire (the red wire) so I can turn off parking mode easily when my car was parked in my garage without having to go through the menu. When I do this and leave the switch off the camera with not power up when I start the car. Is this normal? Does this kit require constant 12v on the red wire for the camera to power up even when driving the car? The yellow ACC wire has over 13 volts when the car is running but the camera will not power up until I turn the switch back on. I tried to find more technical data on this kit with no success. If anybody has come across this or can answer my question that would be greatly appreciated. Also if someone has a schematic or more technical information on this kit I would love to see it.
20200523_144147 (Small).jpg

I'm trying to determine if my 3 wire hardwire kit is defective or not. I want to wire a switch into the parking mode wire (the red wire) so I can turn off parking mode easily when my car was parked in my garage without having to go through the menu. When I do this and leave the switch off the camera with not power up when I start the car. Is this normal? Does this kit require constant 12v on the red wire for the camera to power up even when driving the car? The yellow ACC wire has over 13 volts when the car is running but the camera will not power up until I turn the switch back on. I tried to find more technical data on this kit with no success. If anybody has come across this or can answer my question that would be greatly appreciated. Also if someone has a schematic or more technical information on this kit I would love to see it.
View attachment 51790
Yes, red wire requires 12V+ at all times.

Why not manually shut off the camera when parking mode is not needed? Press and hold the menu button to shut off the camera.

View attachment 51790
you don't need to drill through menus, you can just press and hold a button (far left one from memory) to turn the camera off, it will power up as normal next time you start the car

ACC wire is just a signal trigger, it doesn't provide power to the camera, B+ still needs to be powered

Yeah i would just long press the power button for those drives that do not need recording, cuz then on next key on the camera will record, and that will not happen if you insert a switch.
And not remembering / having to do anything to get a recording going are sort of a hallmark of dashcams.

Okay well thanks for all the responses. I didn't know pressing and holding the menu button would shut the camera off. I guess it's true, reading the whole manual can save time and trouble.
Again thanks for the answer.

Back