A129 and DAB radio issues

Zltm089

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just installed the A129 and very disappointing that my DAB radio has now stopped working.

Can anyone please help and advise?

Thank you in advance!

You will need to keep the cables poles apart - DAB is well known to suffer with dashcam cabling.

Thanks for the quick reply Paul.

Sorry but what do you mean by the cable poles?

I was also reading on another thread where you recommended to switch off WDR? Any reason why?

Thanks for the quick reply Paul.

Sorry but what do you mean by the cable poles?

Poles apart - I mean as far away from each other as possible like the north pole and the south pole are... :)

WDR I leave off because I think it gives a better balance and contrast to the video.

Paul.

If the DAB antenna cable goes up the right of the windscreen, send the dashcam power cable up the left of the windscreen, and if your DAB antenna is at the back of the car, make sure the rear dashcam cable doesn't go near the shark fin antenna.

If you are using a cheap DAB antenna, then it might be worth installing a decent one.

Thanks chaps.

I have rerouted some of the cables and ordered some ferrite core off amazon.

Will see how it goes.

Well not great.

Still having some issues with DAB and the amazon seller isn't really responsive.

My A129 is on it's way to me and I also have had problems in the past when I try to fit a rear dash cam as the sharks fin is in the rear centre of the car an no matter how I run the cable it Cancels the DAB out.
I am hoping that the A129 with it's extra thick rear cable might solve this problem. I may end up running it across the floor somehow and up to the rear window.

My car has already got 6 camera's ( Not Including the front and rear dash cams ) installed for parking 1 front 1 rear and 4 surrounding camera's Including top View so I have to be extra careful where I run the cables.

Another thing is the battery and fusebox is also in the boot and it's a pretty long car so hoping the cables supplied will be long enough.

Picture below to show where the Dab Arial is fitted.

dcBv4gQ.jpg

Last edited:
The power cable (4m) isn't long enough togo boot bmw 4-series, rear camera one is which is 6m

I just installed the a129 and noticed the dab drop outs this morning, probably wiring of rear cam close the arial

Last edited:
I have just installed the A129 and very disappointing that my DAB radio has now stopped working.

What if you disable WIFI ON CAMERA? It's not that useful to have it on all the time.

WIFI is disabled on mine by default, came with firmware v1.3, still noticed the drops in DAB radio. On my normal commute I always hit two weak spot signals where DAB radio would drop out for a few seconds around about the same place. Since the A129 has been fitted those drop out areas are much more frequent now on the same commute, so much so I've lost count how many times it drops out now.

Disabling wifi didn’t do much unfortunately.

What if you disable WIFI ON CAMERA? It's not that useful to have it on all the time.

I dont think its the WiFi which is causing the issue. Might be the cabling being the culprit from what I read and understand.

It's the digital signal from cam and cabling getting in to places where it shouldn't be going. A different cam with a different processor and CMOS may help or could be even worse. The digital WiFi signal may or may not add to the problem. There are too many variables to assure a fix or even that you will or won't have problems. Many cams and many cars experience similar things. All you can do is try the usual fixes and hope they will be enough, but you might end up having to choose one or the other.

It is a known problem, though not widely known.
Phil

Back