A129 ate my microSD card!

Canuck-Ottawa

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 and A119
I guess the slot for the microSD card is not tight against the plastic side in my unit. I pushed the card in and it slid under the slot. It is now sliding around under the internal circuit board. I bought another 128GB card at Costco! Has anyone ever figured out how to take apart the A129? It looks like it's glued together and I don't want to break it.

That have happened a few times with a range of models, seem like a common flaw to some designs.

I dont think its glued together, i had my SG9665GC taken apart ( a similar design wedge camera ) and there was no glue in it.
you should be able to find some screws on the back of it that hold the 2 shells together.

You can see 2 screw holes at least in this pic i found.
a129-duo.jpg

2 more screws on the lens end.
images

Has anyone ever figured out how to take apart the A129? It looks like it's glued together and I don't want to break it.

Remove the 4 screws and pry open the housing from the bottom (lens side). Don't do it from the top, may damage the cable going to the GPS mount connection.

If the card is inside the camera it is not easy to take out the rear cover because the card is keeping it.

Yeah the A129 have that connector to the base / mount, so probably a cable for that inside, but i think if you can just get the 2 shells 5 mm apart you can shake out the memory card.

I guess the slot for the microSD card is not tight against the plastic side in my unit. I pushed the card in and it slid under the slot. It is now sliding around under the internal circuit board. I bought another 128GB card at Costco! Has anyone ever figured out how to take apart the A129? It looks like it's glued together and I don't want to break it.

THANKS to Everyone! I can't believe I didn't see the holes (there are 4). I opened it from the lens end, on the side, so the cable was not touched. I had to shake it a few times but my card finally fell out!
So, now I have a spare! Again, thank you all!
Rick

Sound like we earned our keep today :)

Back