A129 Bluetooth remote losing pairing every few days with new battery

dashdashcam

Reaction score
Country
France
Hello all
@viofo @VIOFO-Support
So I bought and paired the bluetooth remote for the A129 duo dashcam. Few days after purchase, it started blinking red fast, so I replaced the battery and re-paired it to the dashcam.
Now almost every 2 days the remote 'forgets' the camera. You press the button during an event, the remote blinks only red. You have to redo the pairing again..and few days later same issue.

It makes the camera's emergency repair function unusable when needed in the heat of the moment

Has someone a solution for it. :rolleyes::confused:

Try cleaning the battery contacts in the Bluetooth remote and then reinstall the battery.

While my suggestion may or may not have any effect at all, this is a standard trouble shooting measure that doesn't take a lot of effort and is always worth a try. Sometimes there can be some oxidation on battery contacts.

Even a new battery can also be a dud, i would also try another battery.

There is always the button on the camera itself, it might be wiser to use when the button are action up like this, just in case until it is fixed.

Thank you all. Cleaned the battery contacts and put a new Duracell and re-paired the remote to cam. For now when i press dashcam responds. let's see if it will work later. [Fingers Crossed]

Tres bien (y)

Funny thing in Danish tres is how you spell the number 60 :)

Hello all
@viofo @VIOFO-Support
So I bought and paired the bluetooth remote for the A129 duo dashcam. Few days after purchase, it started blinking red fast, so I replaced the battery and re-paired it to the dashcam.
Now almost every 2 days the remote 'forgets' the camera. You press the button during an event, the remote blinks only red. You have to redo the pairing again..and few days later same issue.

It makes the camera's emergency repair function unusable when needed in the heat of the moment

Has someone a solution for it. :rolleyes::confused:
No worries, if the issue occurs again, please contact us directly at https://viofo.com/en/.

Back