A129 CPL Filter

LMJ

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Duo (not installed yet)

Last edited:
Are there different iterations of the filter? Maybe one improved over the other? Both fit fine. The one on the left was purchased directly from Viofo (but the box doesnt say A129 on it anywhere). The one on the right I bought from an eBay seller. The front of the box is different from the one directly form Viofo. There was a sticker on the back stating it was for the A129 and A119. Assuming some BS is going on, I peeled back the sticker and do see the box says its for A119 and secondarily A129. So my questions is are there different iterations of the filter with an improvement over earlier versions? I'm using the eBay one on my back cam and the Viofo sourced on on the front cam. Have not reviewed any video yet. If there was an old and a new version, who sold me the old?

The A129 is a newer cam so was probably not in production when the "first" box was printed. The lenses inside each box could be identical...

The diameter of the CPL for A129 is a bit bigger. If you use the A119 CPL on A129 you'll notice that the image on the corners is a bit darker.

With the CPL filter. I find that the image quality has taken a dive.
Using the 4Ujmod and without the CPL the plates were very clear. After ou can clearly see the difference. Especially the edges.

Back