A129 Duo Bluetooth interfering with car's TPMS system

smidra

Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
Hi all, I have a very funny issue. The camera's bluetooth (used for the optional remote) messes up the Ford TPMS system, which is also bluetooth based. So with the camera turned on, the car will throw TPMS errors and stop reading tyre pressure within 10 minutes. If I disconnect the camera, the systems starts working within a few seconds.

Now I have no idea what the camera is trying to do, or if it's ford trying to read the camera's bluetooth instead of the sensors. The matter of fact is Ford and Viofo do not go along well. The bluetooth cannot be turned off in the latest FW.

Anyone has an idea how to make the thing just record videos and not use any radio at all?

Even more fun - previously I had three 70 Mai A800S cameras, all died and started to bootloop in low temperatures. Now this Viofo error. I am probably a kind of guy who should not buy an onboard camera.

Are you using the HK3 hardwire kit?

These threads may be of some assistance.

Are you using the HK3 hardwire kit?

These threads may be of some assistance.

Thanks a lot for your advise, I read these before I posted, but in my case it really seems to be the bluetooth in the camera. Or in fact any radio, from the camera, but the WiFi is off.

It is not hardwired, I have tried different power adapters and even a power bank, so it's completely isolated from anything wired. It also makes not difference whether the rear camera is connected. In my mind I have ruled our all possible EMC sources but the camera itself. The only thing left (and I will probably test it) is to put the camera in some kind of a faraday cage. Aluminium foil or similar.

But I will be happy for any advise.

Back