A129 Duo crashing, not recording

Artis

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Anyone else has problems with A129 Duo?

Running my with two wire hardwire kit (still waiting for 3 wire kit) with default settings +parking mode at 15fps and latest 1.3 firmware.

Two time I needed to check footage, but both times I discovered that files are weeks/days old.

First time I was running default firmware and I thought I forgot to turn it on.
Upgraded firmware to 1.3, reset to defaults and formated SD card.

Last week I was witness to accident and insurance company asked me for footage.
Rec and Mic lights were on.
I pressed "video source" button to wake up display but it was black.
Pressed and holded on but wifi did not come on.
Any other button did nothing.
Depressed on/off and lights went off.

Pulled SD card out and latest video was almost week old. SD card was almost full, few GB left.

Asked Viofo support 3 days before but did not get response.
Bought them off viofo.com

Try disconnecting the rear camera and see how it operates.

Reactions: Mtz
Which 2 wire kit are you using and also which card?

One for @viofo to investigate.

Could it be that the camera was not slid into the mount all the way and intermittent power disconnections crashed the firmware? Tugging the rear camera cable does that if pulled with a bit of force, happened with me a couple of times but in my case the camera had slid a few millimetres to the right and powered off.

Last edited:
One for @viofo to investigate.

Could it be that the camera was not slid into the mount all the way and intermittent power disconnections crashed the firmware? Tugging the rear camera does that if pulled with a bit of force, happened with me a couple of times but in my case the camera had slid a few millimetres to the right and powered off.

Good point, thanks, have to check that and see if I can push it to the left. In my case I guess it crashed as could still see red light under Rec and Mic.

If the camera startup normally and not off randomly, there will be no issue with power.
If there is a power issue, we suggest to use the original car charger and power from side USB port to check further.

Also please try to format the card first, I noticed you mentioned the card is full, maybe some issue caused the looping not working.

No crashes this week.

But yesterday and today this happened: camera was beeping and Rec led was flashing fast.

I flicked display button and display went on.
I flicked Rec button and it started recording.

Second time turned camera off and pulled SD card out, will include file listing.

I noticed few weird things:
- looks like camera is constantly recording, almost all files are.300-400GB
- it's only few hours for today's recording - 8am - 6pm, I was driving only like 30min. Car was parked in garage after 1pm.
- files which are much shorter are unreadable or corrupted.

Attachments

• viofo.txt
    32.6 KB · Views: 20
Updated to "Parking Mode Beta Firmware" , will see how it goes..

Happened again.

Updated firmware to 1.4 on 27th Sep. Haven't touched dash cam since then.

Wanted to check files today, but camera did not respond to any button. Both LED's on. Long press on on/off and LED's went off.

Last file is 2018_0930_134621_061F.MP4 and 2018_0930_134622_062R.MP4

@viofo any comments ?

Is the camera on 24 hours a day? Does it ever get to power down?

Happened again.

Updated firmware to 1.4 on 27th Sep. Haven't touched dash cam since then.
what setting do you have set for a "Loop Recording"?

When camera is OK and recording, after disconnecting the camera the REC LED stay on few seconds or is turning off instantly ?
Did you tried to power the camera only directly from the camera USB connector instead of mount?

enjoy,
Mtz

When camera is OK and recording, after disconnecting the camera the REC LED stay on few seconds or is turning off instantly ?
Did you tried to power the camera only directly from the camera USB connector instead of mount?

enjoy,
Mtz

Yes, when camera is okay, if you long press on/off it will take some time to turn it off, it flashes fast, I guess writes down all files.

When camera is crashed, if I long press on/off it instantly turns off LED's.

I'll try power from camera ( same as new long waiting 3 wire kit will be doing)

Installing same setup in my wife's car in next few days - same car, same sd card, same hw kit, all same. Maybe I got faulty unit.

Back